1 (edited by ShapeShifter499 2013-06-07 23:32:25)

Topic: Why is cluebringer/policyd using nearly 100% cpu?

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Raring 13.04 32bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi,

I'm setting up my own email server in hopes to move away from gmail, I hate the idea of someone at google having the ability to look through all my emails. I setup everything using iRedMail on my Netbook running Ubuntu 13.04 and it seems to be working fine however one thing iRedMail installed was cluebringer/policyd. From what I read it appears to be a blacklist/whitelist for emails you can setup, this seems cool and I will figure it out more later from the site's documentation. In the meantime it's sucking all my CPU power near 100% all the time. I have no idea why, does anyone have an idea of why it's doing this and how to fix it?

TL;DR: The title sums it all up! smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Why is cluebringer/policyd using nearly 100% cpu?

We didn't see similar report before, still no idea yet, sorry.

P.S. A Netbook? Did you try it on other hardware? e.g. a VPS, virtual machine, or a physical server hardware.

Re: Why is cluebringer/policyd using nearly 100% cpu?

I'm sorry, I didn't fully clear everything when I ran the "clear_iredmail.sh" script.   Re-cleared everything and re-installed, everything is great!