1 (edited by targinosilveira 2013-05-09 13:01:42)

Topic: I can't send e-mail because time out.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Wheeze
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I installed a mail server, it's receive e-mail from any service (yahoo, gmail and others) but this can't send for any one, always I get this wrong:

May  9 01:10:19 mailserver1 postfix/smtp[2764]: connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.73.27]:25: Connection timed out
May  9 01:10:19 mailserver1 postfix/smtp[2763]: connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.73.27]:25: Connection timed out
May  9 01:10:19 mailserver1 postfix/smtp[2765]: connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.73.27]:25: Connection timed out

Someone could help me? This is the first time that I mount a mail server, a being frustrated. :(

Some details about the problem is, that is KVM VM, and when I try a telnet into VM it's don't work but in the host I can do a telnet with no problem.

Into VM
root@mailserver1:~# telnet alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com 25
Trying 173.194.73.26...

Into host machine
eagle913:/home/targinosilveira# telnet alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com 25
Trying 173.194.73.27...
Connected to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mailserver1.cloudvirgo.com ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)

Regards,

Targino SIlveira

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: I can't send e-mail because time out.

Looks like a VM network issue.

*) Do you have correct DNS servers defined in /etc/resolv.conf and /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf? you should copy /etc/resolv.conf to /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf.

*) Do you have correct network gateway set in Debian?

Re: I can't send e-mail because time out.

Thanks for response, I all right on the host and in the VM, but I never made some changing on postfix.

I'll do this changings and report to you by here.

Regards,

Targino Silveira