Topic: Debian Wheezy Stable

Has anyone had a chance to play with wheezy stable? I'm having some major annoying spam issues that the current filters just don't get. Maybe cluebringer has a clue. 

Anyone try with the latest daily release?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Debian Wheezy Stable

I'd really like to know if it is save to upgrade my iRedmail 0.8.4 server to Debian Wheezy?

I upgraded to Wheezy but the config file dovecot.conf is all changed now. Does anyone have a way to fix that?

Hi @brandon,

You should check headers of those spam emails to see whether spam filter was working or not.

The latest iRedMail-0.8.4 works with Debian 7 rc1, still have no chance to test Debian 7 stable release (slow internet connect during traveling), sorry about this. But i guess it works fine.

5 (edited by fadi_asbih 2013-05-10 19:35:04)

==== ==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Wheezy
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

@bayardis i also upgraded to Wheezy, everything went fine except for the dovecot, the /var/log/dovecot.log shows:

auth: Error: net_connect_unix(auth-worker) in directory /run/dovecot failed: Permission denied (euid=1002(vmail) egid=1002(vmail) missing +r perm: /run/dovecot/auth-worker, dir owned by 0:0 mode=0755)
auth: Error: PLAIN(webmaster@domain.com,77.187.102.115,<fwmZ+Trc7QBNu2Zz>): Request 8105.1 timeouted after 150 secs, state=1

/var/log/iredapd.log:

2013-05-08 21:57:27 INFO Starting iRedAPD (version: 1.4.0, backend: ldap), listening on 127.0.0.1:7777.
2013-05-08 21:57:27 INFO Loading plugin: ldap_maillist_access_policy
2013-05-08 21:57:27 INFO Loading plugin: ldap_amavisd_block_blacklisted_senders
2013-05-08 21:57:44 ERROR LDAP bind failed: {'desc': "Can't contact LDAP server"}.

/var/log/syslog:

May  8 22:50:45 www postfix/smtpd[8324]: warning: connect to 127.0.0.1:7777: Connection refused
May  8 22:50:45 www postfix/smtpd[8324]: warning: problem talking to server 127.0.0.1:7777: Connection refused

Any idea on how to fix this? I'm using MySQL not LDAP

Thanks in Advance

I got everything running now, but i got a little Problem with the permissions in /run/dovecot/dict it is always

srw------- 1 root    root      0 May 10 01:09 dict

i have to change it manually each time the server reboots.

I tried adding in the /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-master.conf the following:

service dict {
  # If dict proxy is used, mail processes should have access to its socket.
  # For example: mode=0660, group=vmail and global mail_access_groups=vmail
  unix_listener dict {
    mode = 0600
    user = vmail
    group = vmail
  }

but with no effect, any ideas?

*) Please add it in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf, iRedMail doesn't use /etc/dovecot/conf.d/ at all.
*) Here's sample Dovecot-2 config file used in iRedMail:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/src/ … at=default

@ZhangHuangbin
Thanks everything works now smile

I can report that after the Upgrade to Wheezy i had to reconfigure the iptables and dovecote, everything else seems to work fine.