Topic: 550-No Such User Here 550

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.0.beta 4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Precise
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

<email@theirserver.co.nz>: host server.co.nz[###.###.##.##] said: 550-Verification
    failed for <my email@myserver.co.nz> 550-No Such User Here 550
    Sender verify failed (in reply to RCPT TO command)

I can send email to most people fine however I get a Couple of customers emails that come back with this after trying to send them Email
is this a Problem My End Or Thiers ?
Thanks
Glen

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: 550-No Such User Here 550

ssbob wrote:

550-No Such User Here

Not your fault. It's clear in the returned message, it means those customer emails are INVALID on your customers' email server, maybe they left companies.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ssbob wrote:

550-No Such User Here

Not your fault. It's clear in the returned message, it means those customer emails are INVALID on your customers' email server, maybe they left companies.

however the Email address Im sending it too does exist
If I go and send them an email from someone elses Email server or from my personal hotmail address etc it gets to them fine

is the RCPT not asking for my email address and my server is saying I dont Exist ?
or Am I reading the error wrong
either way the Email address Im sending too does exist?
Thoughts ?

Oh, my mistake, i misunderstood the error log. Sorry about this.

Looks like the destination server tries to verify whether sender address (YOUR email address) exists or not.
If they're using SMTP command 'VRFY' to verify your address, then you must have "disable_vrfy_command=no" in Postfix main.cf (/etc/postfix/main.cf), iRedMail disables it by default ("disable_vrfy_command=yes"). If they use different way to verify sender address, i have no idea yet.

WARNING: If you allow to use 'VRFY' command in Postfix, others can use it to verify valid email addresses, then send you SPAM. That's why iRedMail disables it by default. Use it on your own.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Oh, my mistake, i misunderstood the error log. Sorry about this.

Looks like the destination server tries to verify whether sender address (YOUR email address) exists or not.
If they're using SMTP command 'VRFY' to verify your address, then you must have "disable_vrfy_command=no" in Postfix main.cf (/etc/postfix/main.cf), iRedMail disables it by default ("disable_vrfy_command=yes"). If they use different way to verify sender address, i have no idea yet.

WARNING: If you allow to use 'VRFY' command in Postfix, others can use it to verify valid email addresses, then send you SPAM. That's why iRedMail disables it by default. Use it on your own.

Does the Fact that it says       (in reply to RCPT TO command)
mean they are using RCPT not VRFY
I changed this setting  "disable_vrfy_command=no" to see if it was and it made no difference, If I go to any other business and send these people a Email it goes through No problem and have spoken to them and its only our mail they don,t get ?
Strange !

ssbob wrote:

Does the Fact that it says (in reply to RCPT TO command) mean they are using RCPT not VRFY

RCPT is used to specified the recipient email address, and it's a stage of SMTP session. Personally, i don't think you can verify email address with RCPT.

ssbob wrote:

I changed this setting  "disable_vrfy_command=no" to see if it was and it made no difference, If I go to any other business and send these people a Email it goes through No problem and have spoken to them and its only our mail they don,t get ?
Strange !

Then please contact their postmaster to work together to get it solved. We don't know how it works, so you should contact someone inside.