Topic: Unable to get iRedAdmin-Pro MySQL working

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (MySQL):  MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubunti 12.04 LTS 64-bit
====

Hello.

I am now on my second day trying to upgrade from iRedMail 0.8.4 to iRedAdmin-Pro MySQL 1.6.0. So it must be time for some help. The iRedMail 0.8.4 installation and administration works flawlessly - No problems. So after testing we buy iRedAdmin-Pro MySQL 1.6.0. I follow the instructions from http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … QL/Debian, but have some questions.

1) I move/copy the extracted folder to the /usr/share/apache2  directory. I do the "ln -s iRedAdmin-x.y.z iredadmin" thing. But then I discover that there is already a symbolic link. This symbolic link is NOT overwritten with the new one, hence the iRedAdmin-Pro part is not activated. After deleting the symbolic link and THEN creating the new symbolic link, then this part works.
Am I the only one with this problem?

2) Then I must add an Apache configuration file (/etc/apache2/conf.d/iredadmin.conf) with some content. But the file is already in place, and the content i exactly the same. So why does the guide tell me to create a file that is already there, and paste content that is also already there?

3) The I must edit the default-ssl file (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/default-ssl) and paste two new lines. But the file and the content is already there. Plus the two lines are missing some " " signs (compared to the other lines)

4) The I must enable the mod_wsgi module with command (a2enmod *wsgi). But the module is already loaded.

5) The I must manually create iredadmin MySQL database and load the /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/docs/samples/iredadmin.sql file. But the database i already created, plus affected rows = 0. The same goes for the GRANT PRIVILEGES part.

6) The settings.ini copy from settings.ini.mysql.sample part seemed to work, but besides changing the e-mail address and MySQL password... I have no clue what else to change. I did look ind the iRedMail.tips file for some sort of password for e.g. policyd but didn't seem to find anything that fits.

I consider myself an experienced Linux guy (working with all sorts of Linux for 8-10 years), and since it seems I am the only one with these installation problems I must clearly have misunderstod some basic things about iRedMail and iRedAdmin-Pro. So hopefully there are some awesome iRed Techies out there that can help me catch the curve and get the promising product up running.

One last comment... since iRedMail is such a lovely polished product, why bother customers with all these manual steps?

Best regards

Martin

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unable to get iRedAdmin-Pro MySQL working

Hi Martin,

Sorry about this trouble.

The link you read is for fresh installation of iRedAdmin-Pro. The email we sent to you after payment contains another link, it's used to migrate from iRedAdmin open source edition to iRedAdmin-Pro:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ro/OSE-Pro

Ok... so what you are saying is that if I download and install from the file https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/down … 4.tar.bz2, then I get an iRedAdmin Open source? I thought i got an iRedMail server WITHOUT iRedAdmin. Anyway... i'll try it right away.

I'm happy again - I was sure I was missing some very basic understanding about the system/concept. I followed the instructions on the page http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … o/OSE-Pro, and now (of course) it works perfectly. Thanks for the quick respons.