1 (edited by ze 2009-12-06 10:50:09)

Topic: remove some components in iredmail

Hi,

May I know how to remove some componenets in iredmail?  For example, I don't want to install amavisd, clamav, or another componet.  Basically all I want is postfix, openldap, dovecot, roundcube and mysql since roundcube needs it.   I guess I can go and undo the configuration for the other mail components.

Any questions regarding the shadowaddress.  Can a regular user logins via the iredadmin interface and add/modify the shadowaddress or other attribute?   I want them to have control of some of it.   Thank you

Oh one more thing, how do I search the forum?  Via google?  Thanks

BTW, thank you for a nice package. 

Ze

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: remove some components in iredmail

ze wrote:

Any questions regarding the shadowaddress.  Can a regular user logins via the iredadmin interface and add/modify the shadowaddress or other attribute?   I want them to have control of some of it.

iRedAdmin (Full-featured edition) will allow normal user to login, so that user have ability to control forwarding address, telephone numbers, etc.

Oh one more thing, how do I search the forum?  Via google?

There's a 'Search' link in forum's navigation bar on the top:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/search.html

Hi,

Do you have a timeframe on this feature?  I tried the full-featured edition but only the domain admin can manage it.  However the shadowaddress is not something you can change in the current iRedAdmin?  Thank you.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

iRedAdmin (Full-featured edition) will allow normal user to login, so that user have ability to control forwarding address, telephone numbers, etc.

ze wrote:

Do you have a timeframe on this feature?  I tried the full-featured edition but only the domain admin can manage it.

Yes, currently iRedAdmin doesn't support this. Hope it will be implemented in v1.3 (at least 4 months later).

However the shadowaddress is not something you can change in the current iRedAdmin?

Normal mail user should NOT have permission to change shadowAddress.

Normal mail user should NOT have permission to change shadowAddress.

I thought shadowaddress is like throwaway email addresses.  It is good for subscribe to some list you don't trust 100% with remove features.  You don't want to give your real email addresses to people/list you don't trust completely.  Maybe have the admin enable/disable the user's right to change shadowaddress.  Just my 2 cents.