Topic: Open Relay??

Hello,

I have a relatively new iRedMail install which serves as the mail server for my family.  I am running:

iRedMail Version 0.8.4
MySQL Backend
Centos 6

I have 2 users, myself and my wife.  Spamassassin is trained very well now and I have greylisting enabled. I also have a proper DKIM signature and SPF.  My account works flawlessly......my wife's account, however is troubled and getting worse!  Apparently her mail address is sending out spam around the world!  In fact, she has 43,000 undelivered mail notifications in just 24 hours!!  Does she have a virus on her computer or is her account not configured correctly?  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want my domain flagged as a spam sender.  Thanks in advance!!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Open Relay??

bdemore wrote:

Hello,

I have a relatively new iRedMail install which serves as the mail server for my family.  I am running:

iRedMail Version 0.8.4
MySQL Backend
Centos 6

I have 2 users, myself and my wife.  Spamassassin is trained very well now and I have greylisting enabled. I also have a proper DKIM signature and SPF.  My account works flawlessly......my wife's account, however is troubled and getting worse!  Apparently her mail address is sending out spam around the world!  In fact, she has 43,000 undelivered mail notifications in just 24 hours!!  Does she have a virus on her computer or is her account not configured correctly?  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want my domain flagged as a spam sender.  Thanks in advance!!

I would definetely check her computer. iRedMail by default is NOT an Open Relay...

Re: Open Relay??

I guess her password was cracked, please change her password first, then monitor mail log.