Topic: Develop custom admin

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.10/12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

All options available in iRedAdmin-Pro should be available by firing the correct SQL queries, correct?
Is there currently a list of the sql queries that would enable/alter/add a function to the system.

PhpMyAdmin can be used to add remove users/set quotas etc. A complete list would be great.
I had a look at the sample sql schema and I it seems like most is self explanatory.

I would like to develop an administration system based on php instead of python. Such a list would tremendously speedup the development time.

The current open source admin that is freely available and allows modification is written in python and I am a php developer. So I would be spending more time learning a new language instead of using that time to develop an administration panel.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Develop custom admin

moroswitie wrote:

All options available in iRedAdmin-Pro should be available by firing the correct SQL queries, correct?

Yes.

moroswitie wrote:

Is there currently a list of the sql queries that would enable/alter/add a function to the system.

No. And no plan to list them, sorry.

moroswitie wrote:

I would like to develop an administration system based on php instead of python. Such a list would tremendously speedup the development time.
The current open source admin that is freely available and allows modification is written in python and I am a php developer. So I would be spending more time learning a new language instead of using that time to develop an administration panel.

Just curious, why develop one in PHP? just because you don't like or familiar with Python?

Personally, i recommend you purchase our Pro edition ($299 for one-year license, $599 lifetime) if you need features available in Pro edition. Does the time you spend to develop one worth $299 or $599? Will you keep it up to date with iRedMail for your own use?

Anyway, it's fine to develop one by yourself, iRedMail is open source and free. smile

Re: Develop custom admin

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Just curious, why develop one in PHP? just because you don't like or familiar with Python?

I have developed a custom application (mailing list/CRM) in PHP, and would like to integrate all application related options into 1 admin panel.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Personally, i recommend you purchase our Pro edition ($299 for one-year license, $599 lifetime) if you need features available in Pro edition. Does the time you spend to develop one worth $299 or $599? Will you keep it up to date with iRedMail for your own use?

Because there are more servers that make use of my CRM application I would need to purchase multiple licenses, by developing my own version this would limit my costs. I would keep the application up to date with future iRedMail versions.