Topic: iRedmail and Startcom ssl certificate

Hi. I am running iRedmail 0.8.3., using MySQL backend on Centos 5.3.  I would like to install signed and verified ssl certificate to eliminate the prompts using web browsers and on mail clients.

I have gotten a certificate from Startcom and followed their procedure on installing on Apache but it doesnt seem to have any effect. The prompts are still there!

Is the startcom certicate signed and verified globally? If so is there a procedure that works perfectly with iRedmail?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedmail and Startcom ssl certificate

Hi Tony,

You should follow StartCom's tutorial STRICTLY.

Thanks. But is the certificate globally verified?

tony.warutere wrote:

But is the certificate globally verified?

You should ask StartCom instead. smile

Hi Tony:

Just a few thoughts.  Excuse me if these are obvious.

1.  Did you restart Apache after making your SSL config changes?

2.  Are you really running CENTOS 5.3?   Consider updating to 5.9 if you don't want to jump to 6.3.

3.  StartSSL certs are supported on most major browsers and operating systems.  I think that's what you are asking when you say "globally verified".

4.  Did you update your mail config as well as your web config.  Often the SSL instructions just tell you how to install the cert for HTTPS.