Topic: Error on install - cannot login to iRedAdmin

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.3
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have just installed iRedMail 0.8.3, including installing the open-source version of iRedAdmin.
Then I migrated to iRedAdminPro using the guide on this website here.

Seems to all work fine, I can log in and look at the settings in iRedAdminPro panel.
I changed the greylisting setting (disabled it), and disabled access via POP3 for the postmaster account (the first account created), as I do not want anyone to use POP3.
I changed nothing else.

After saving, and then logging out, I was  unable to log back in. The admin panel says
"Error: Username or password is incorrect."
However, I can still log into the webmail with that same user name and password. And there is mail, so everything seems to be fine with this account. And user name and password do exist.

It almost looks like the account is no longer an admin. So I decided, possibly my fingers have slipped and I disabled the admin by error, and I try to reinstall iRedMail and iRedAdmin. In the very beginning, iRedMail discovers that there is already a config, and I say NO to using it. So I get the usual installer and I answer all the usual questions, including a new password for the postmaster@domain account.

Everything succeeds. But I can still not log in.
I don't know where the passwords are stored, so I am not sure what to check here.

Any idea what is going wrong here?

Of course I can do a completely clean install, from scratch, on a new server, but is there no other solution? Any guarantee the problem won't come again on the next install?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error on install - cannot login to iRedAdmin

Dear @pschulz,

So sorry about this trouble. Could you please try below steps to fix it:

*) Login to phpLDAPadmin as LDAP root cn. You can find it in /root/iRedMail-0.8.3/iRedMail.tips file. Usually it's "cn=Manager,dc=xxx,dc=xxx".

*) Find the admin account in left panel, click it, then check whether it has attribute "domainGlobalAdmin=yes" and/or "enabledService=domainadmin" in right panel.

"domainGlobalAdmin=yes" is used to mark this user as a global domain admin (a.k.a. super admin), "enabledService=domainadmin" is normal domain admin (manage just current domain).