Topic: Postfix not delivering to user mailboxes

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu LTS 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: ?
====
I was attempting to fix a different issue and tried to update to the latest versions (without reading the upgrade instructions, of course).

I have roundcube working and accessing the original database and I can send email out from a user account. iRedAdmin sees the domains and users.

Postfix however has all the incoming mail in queue and will not deliver to the user boxes. I am certain it something small but my eyes are starting to cross and I'm not seeing it.

Help appreciated.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Postfix not delivering to user mailboxes

Please paste related error log here. You can find them in /var/log/mail.log.

mail.log and and all of the mail.log.x.bz2 files are empty

Gary Coltharp wrote:

mail.log and and all of the mail.log.x.bz2 files are empty

Please restart syslog service, then restart Postfix and dovecot services. There must be some log in mail.log.

I just tried TWO fresh installs of iRedMail and both had the same problem of all the antivirus software failing. I tried it on Debian and CentOS.

Feb 13 21:41:35 mx amavis[1486]: (01486-01) (!)ClamAV-clamd: Can't connect to UNIX socket /tmp/clamd.socket: 111, retrying (2)
Feb 13 21:41:41 mx amavis[1486]: (01486-01) (!)ClamAV-clamd av-scanner FAILED: run_av error: Too many retries to talk to /tmp/clamd.socket (Can't connect to UNIX socket /tmp/clamd.socket: Connection refused) at (eval 103) line 375.\n
Feb 13 21:41:41 mx amavis[1486]: (01486-01) (!!)WARN: all primary virus scanners failed, considering backups
Feb 13 21:41:45 mx amavis[1486]: (01486-01) (!)ClamAV-clamscan av-scanner FAILED: /usr/bin/clamscan KILLED, signal 9 (0009) at (eval 103) line 596.
Feb 13 21:41:45 mx amavis[1486]: (01486-01) (!!)TROUBLE in check_mail: virus_scan FAILED: AV: ALL VIRUS SCANNERS FAILED

Hi @adpaolucci,

How much memory does your server have? It's better to have at least 1GB.

P.S. Please create new forum topic for your questions, don't mess up others' topic.