Topic: Helo command rejected: Go away, bad guy (.local).

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, someone sending to one of my server email addresses is getting the following bounce email back to them from my mail server stating:

-----
<DEC-EX.domain.local>: Helo command rejected: Go away, bad guy (.local).

Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept e-mail from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery.
-----

I'm guessing that this is some rule that .local can't be in the host name for the mailserver that is trying to send to mine, therefor blocking communication to deliver the mail to my server? My host name is a valid DNS name setup on reverse IP as well so know it's not mine - so assuming its DEC-EX.domain.local which is the problem.

If so, do you know how I can add just DEC-EX.domain.local to bypass this rule as they may want mail from this sender in the future, without removing the rule for all servers that state .local in their domain, as I'm guessing this is configured to help stop spam domains?

Thanks in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Helo command rejected: Go away, bad guy (.local).

'.local' is not valid (like .com, .org), and iRedMail has default HELO restriction to reject HELO identity which ends with '.local'. But you can comment out below line in /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre to bypass it:

/\.local$/                  REJECT Go away, bad guy (.local).