Topic: How do I use an existing OpenLDAP server for auth/user..

I have an existing cyrus/postfix server that I'm replacing with iRedMail.  I've installed on a Debian Lenny box, done some testing using a .Org domain we were not using.  That Cyrus server uses an existing OpenLDAP server for email auth, we use OpenLDAP for all the systems login, etc.

Is there a way to gracefully use the existing OpenLDAP server with iRedMail?  I see a few ldap entries that overlap and cyrus has different entries, so I'm guessing a ldap update of those maildir type entries.  I'd love to start from scratch, but this situation requires me to migrate.  I'm using imapsync to grab all the users mail over to the new iRedMail server. 

This is my main hold up at the moment.. I don't / can't run two separate OpenLDAP servers, I need consistent login/pass combos.

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How do I use an existing OpenLDAP server for auth/user..

Just change LDAP queries in iRedMail, and it should work as expected. But you may lose some features due to different LDAP schema.

Re: How do I use an existing OpenLDAP server for auth/user..

Hi,

May I know where those LDAP queries are?   I like to to use the migrated NIS information for authentication.   Thank you.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Just change LDAP queries in iRedMail, and it should work as expected. But you may lose some features due to different LDAP schema.