Topic: smtp works/ pop doesn't

v0.2 (MySQL); Centos6.3/ vmware 5
I have installed iRed mail on a brand new vm. (twice)  As near as I can tell everything is correct.  However
I created a new domain/user/ Created a client  Sea monkey mail   when attempting to logon i get error
"Sending of username did not succeed. Mail server mailserver.xxxmail.com responded: Plaintext authentication disallowed on non-secure (SSL/TLS) connections."
Sea monkey provides 3 connection security settings; None, Starttls, ssl/ttls  and 5 authentication methods: Normal, Encrypted password,Kerberos/ GSSAPI, NTLM, Tls certificate.
All security settings but none, return unsupported   Authentication Normal returns the above error all other combos of security method/authentication receive:
"This POP3 server does not seem to support encrypted passwords. If you just set up this account, please try changing to 'Normal password' as the 'Authentication method' in the 'Account Settings | Server settings."

So I tried with MSOutlook  both pop and Imap   receive error when testing inbound but seem to send smtp OK

I hope this isn't too long winded and someone has time to help.  Needles to say I have read the docs and have found no solution.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: smtp works/ pop doesn't

hlbyrdman wrote:

Sea monkey provides 3 connection security settings; None, Starttls, ssl/ttls  and 5 authentication methods: Normal, Encrypted password,Kerberos/ GSSAPI, NTLM, Tls certificate.

Please use "STARTTLS" and "Password".