Topic: Restricting smtp mail sending on a per account basis.

I would like to restrict certain internal accounts from sending e-mail all together using Postfix or by whatever means available. I want these accounts to be benign read-only accounts.

In other words only receive.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried all the postfix smtp_restriction stuff I can find with no luck.

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Restricting smtp mail sending on a per account basis.

Only receive? It's easy.

For MySQL backend, set enablesmtp=0 in vmail.mailbox table.
For OpenLDAP backend, remove 'enabledService=smtp' from LDAP attribute.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Only receive? It's easy.

For MySQL backend, set enablesmtp=0 in vmail.mailbox table.
For OpenLDAP backend, remove 'enabledService=smtp' from LDAP attribute.

Very Cool Thanks for your help.

Worked like a champ ..... Thanks again.

I hate to backtrack but I was wrong that did not work. Those accounts are still able to send out  e-mail.

Why not show us what you did? The more evidences you given, the quicker we can help to solve it.

Ok basically I have only tried what you suggested on the production machine. I have tried other "" solutions using postfix and smtp restrictions in the postfix c main.cf on a test server with no luck. There are a alot of different solutions posted all over the internet for restricting users from sending e-mail out. I will post up the ones I tried. \

Thanks for your help.