1 (edited by fifawe 2009-11-17 15:11:10)

Topic: 66th, Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, STC, +5000 users

- State/City: Riyadh
- Company: STC
- Web Site: www.stc.com.sa
- Backend (MySQL or OpenLDAP): MySQL
- Total Users: +5000
- Comment: GREAT solution. Thanks for all the developers, special thank for ZhangHuangbin for his support. very helpful forum.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: 66th, Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, STC, +5000 users

Thanks for your sharing. smile

5000+ users, a great news to iRedMail project. big_smile

dear mr. hani samir, hello salam

i am senior network administrator and oracle dba, i do work on mostly linux enviornment, i am happy to see your post their

i would like to know does it iredmail mail server and webmail support arabic, any steps or procedure or change need or by default support

have you test arabic email send received work fine

i will highly appreciate if you share your thoughts and ideas

kind regards
khak

khak.pa wrote:

dear mr. hani samir, hello salam

i am senior network administrator and oracle dba, i do work on mostly linux enviornment, i am happy to see your post their

i would like to know does it iredmail mail server and webmail support arabic, any steps or procedure or change need or by default support

have you test arabic email send received work fine

i will highly appreciate if you share your thoughts and ideas

kind regards
khak

Hi khak, nice to meet u smile
iRedmail is supporting Arabic by default and also webmail (roundecube) is supported and you can change interface language into arabic "check screenshot attached".

Post's attachments

Screenshot.png 152.87 kb, 2 downloads since 2011-05-11 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hello fifawe ,

1st of all Greetings from Egypt smile.
I'm going to migrate my company to Iredmail about 1000+ user ,could you share with me the specs of the server for 5000+ users ?

thanks.

Hi k-hussein,

I suggest you mail @fifawe instead. smile

k-hussein wrote:

Hello fifawe ,

I'm going to migrate my company to Iredmail about 1000+ user ,could you share with me the specs of the server for 5000+ users ?

thanks.

Salam k-hussein
my server at that time was medium server
4* Quad core CPU
8 G of memory
2TB of disk space

iRedmail doesn't exhaust the server resources so any medium size server will be enough.
It's great solution, easy to manage, simple in upgrade, easy to understand and use for newbie users as well as experts.
if you need any help please let me know.

thanks

fifawe wrote:
k-hussein wrote:

Hello fifawe ,

thanks.

Salam k-hussein
4* Quad core CPU
8 G of memory
2TB of disk space

iRedmail doesn't exhaust the server resources so any medium size server will be enough.
It's great solution, easy to manage, simple in upgrade, easy to understand and use for newbie users as well as experts.

thanks

SALama Alaukom

i 'am about crating mail server of a big company in morocco , and i am runing it actually in ubuntu using iredmail . i ve some worrires before to go on line ..backend (LDAP) what can you suggest for me because i saw that evry body is using mysql , can i use mysql and authentification through ldap ??

and there is a friend of me who sugget me to switch to hmailserver but i don't like microsoft windows so please to suggest and help me ..;

Best Regards

There's no big difference (of mail services) between OpenLDAP/MySQL/PostgreSQL. I suggest you choose the one you're familiar with.
For example, if you're a MySQL DBA, you'd better choose MySQL for easier maintenance.

THANKS Zhang

but can i be sure  to have SSO over the company using MYSQLDBA  (SSO needs to have ldap (active directory ) thats why i have installed openldap backend ) in this way the user use the same login /pw over the different srvices in the company .

OpenLDAP is not same as Active Directory, i suggest you do some more testing for SSO first.

12 (edited by i.zakaria 2015-01-08 00:57:58)

if i can use   postfix dovecot mysql  (ldap : for authentification ) that would be great because  i want to keep postfix and dovecot in DMZ and the DB (where vmail are saved ) in the internal network

INTERNET
                                                                                       |
                                                                                       |
                      AD(ldap) / mail db ====mynetwork____  FIREWALL--- DMZ=== postfix & dovecot

thanks for your support sure If I faced any trouble will pm you smile
thanks again.

fifawe wrote:
k-hussein wrote:

Hello fifawe ,

thanks.

Salam k-hussein
4* Quad core CPU
8 G of memory
2TB of disk space

thanks

fifawe : from your experience with it you are working with Mysql + roundcube for webamail ?
do you use iredadmin pro, how do you manage distribution groups ?
sorry for the headache am causing smile .

Hello Gentlemen,

Nice to hear you have successfully migrated 5000+ users to iRedmail:-)

Myself Shaik Tharim, Working in Saudia Arabia for Albawardi Group and i have successfully migrated 600+ users to IredmailPro and using since a year.

Its a great solution and a very sophisticated software and special thanks to Zhang & team.

regards,
Shaik Tharim
shaik.tharim@albawardi.com