1

Topic: External IP receive mail too slow.

==== ==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS release 5.8 (Final)
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Dears,

The external IP receive mail too slow,but send mail(upload attachment file very quick) is OK. Webmail and Outlook are the same issue.

In this situation,test by internal IP, receive/send mail are very quick.

As below attachment is test result in outside (Using external IP).

I'm no any idea now about this issue.

Please help me to check it.

Thanks.

BR
Danny

Post's attachments

issue1.jpg
issue1.jpg 76.9 kb, 3 downloads since 2012-11-30 

issue2.jpg 102.5 kb, 1 downloads since 2012-11-30 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2

Re: External IP receive mail too slow.

Hi Danny,

First of all, you can write in Chinese. (简体中文或繁体中文皆可。)

Receiving email is slow is caused by greylisting. Please refer to http://greylisting.org/ for more details about greylisting.

3

Re: External IP receive mail too slow.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi Danny,

First of all, you can write in Chinese. (简体中文或繁体中文皆可。)

Receiving email is slow is caused by greylisting. Please refer to http://greylisting.org/ for more details about greylisting.

Hi,

謝謝您的回覆,學習了。

我在公司內部收發信都很快,使用Outlook和Roundcube Webmail 。

回家一樣用Outlook和Roundcube Webmail ,發信夾帶約10MB的附件檔出去很快,不過收信就很慢,慢到幾KB的信都收不下來,查看dovecot.log出現Disconnected Logged out,收信就中斷了,沒什麼錯誤訊息。
同時在Roundcube Webmail 按撰寫新郵件也很慢才出來。

/etc/policyd.conf 這邊要怎麼設置呢? 關於 greylisting,我有做Disable。

謝謝。

BR
Danny

4

Re: External IP receive mail too slow.

Hi Huang Bin,

測試一下,都是以下問題,Connection reset by peer,收信到一半會斷線。但是發信就不會有問題!!

Dec 01 20:01:04 POP3(danny@test.com): Info: Connection closed: Connection reset by peer top=0/0, retr=1/91221, del=0/2, size=95751

Thanks.

BR
Danny

5

Re: External IP receive mail too slow.

Danny wrote:

/etc/policyd.conf 這邊要怎麼設置呢? 關於 greylisting,我有做Disable。

设置 GREYLISTING=1 为启用,0则是禁用。

“Connection reset by peer”?应该是网络方面的原因。

P.S. 这个错误信息在中国大陆很常见(具体原因大家都知道)。请问您的邮件服务器是在哪个国家/城市?您使用邮件客户端收发信又是哪个国家/城市?如果不是在中国大陆,那需要打开 Dovecot 的 debug 模式进行深入的分析。参考 wiki 文档: http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … In.Dovecot

6

Re: External IP receive mail too slow.

Dear Huang Bin,

謝謝您的回覆。

我是設置GREYLISTING=0

我在台灣,這樣我先開Dovecot 的 debug 模式觀察看看。

感覺如您說的是一個網路問題。

Thanks.

BR
Danny


ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Danny wrote:

/etc/policyd.conf 這邊要怎麼設置呢? 關於 greylisting,我有做Disable。

设置 GREYLISTING=1 为启用,0则是禁用。

“Connection reset by peer”?应该是网络方面的原因。

P.S. 这个错误信息在中国大陆很常见(具体原因大家都知道)。请问您的邮件服务器是在哪个国家/城市?您使用邮件客户端收发信又是哪个国家/城市?如果不是在中国大陆,那需要打开 Dovecot 的 debug 模式进行深入的分析。参考 wiki 文档: http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … In.Dovecot

7

Re: External IP receive mail too slow.

Dear Huang Bin,

解決了,問題出在Gateway/Firewall 在VM上,那張網卡好像怪怪的,我換到實體機器就好了。

謝謝。

BR
Danny