Topic: Installing a second IP for another domain with key, DNS, etc

iRedMail 0.8.1
MYSQL
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-32-generic-pae i686)

I have two separate domains that I use to send email. They each have a static IP. How can I go about adding a second IP with the corresponding domain and key to my server? I'd like to keep the IP addresses completely separate as the domains are for two different companies.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installing a second IP for another domain with key, DNS, etc

Add a new "smtp" entry in /etc/postfix/master.cf with option "smtp_bind_address=[YOUR_SECOND_IP_ADDRESS]".

3 (edited by matthewjamesorlando 2012-12-13 06:40:40)

The bind worked great. One quick question though. How does this affect my SPF and DKIM for authentication purposes when sending email. Does it use the original ip address's spf and dkim? If not, do I need to create a new DKIM the ip's DNS records, or simply copy it over to my other domain.

- You should add SPF record for your both domains, point to correct IP address or MX server name.
- If you use a catch-all DKIM signing, you just need to update DNS record of one domain (the one you used to signing DKIM). If you setup DKIM keys for each domain, then update both please.