Topic: How to configure iRedMail to use a smtp relayhost?

Hi there,

first thanks for this great piece of software.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6.0.6 32bit

I run a Debian 6.0.6 homeserver at my place which is connected via DSL to the internet. It has a dynamic IP.

Hostname: homeserver
Domain: myexampledomain.eu

I setup iRedMail which runs fine so far: I can send and receive emails from my postmaster@myexampledomain.eu email account.

The problem: Not all of my sent emails reach their addressees! Email provider like GMX.de or WEB.de decline receiving my emails which seems to be a general problem with dynamic IP addresses although the MX lookup for my domain points correctly to myexampledomain.eu (N.B. Other providers accept my emails without objections!)

Example sender mail log for refused emails:
homeserver postfix/smtp[2480]: 7E8AFC273A: to=<xxx@gmx.de>, relay=mx1.gmx.net[]:25, delay=4589, delays=4589/0.19/0.28/0, dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred (lost connection with mx1.gmx.net[] while receiving the initial server greeting

homeserver postfix/smtp[2481]: 260ACCD43B: to=<xxx@web.de>, relay=mx-ha03.web.de[]:25, delay=423, delays=423/0.1/0.24/0, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (host mx-ha03.web.de[] refused to talk to me: 554-web.de (mxweb001) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available 554-No SMTP service 554-IP address is black listed

I want to solve that problem (except you have a better solution) by sending via the smtp server of my privat email account at Arcor.de.

How to configure iRedMail to use a smtp relayhost for sending all emails?

SMTP: mail.arcor.de
User: myaddress@arcor.de
Password: [mysecretpassword]

(Sasl authentification necessary)

I have done this before configuring postfix with relayhost on systems WITHOUT iRedMail, but is there a step-by-step tutorial for iRedMail? Unfortunately I am absolutly new to LDAP.

Thanks for all help.

Re: How to configure iRedMail to use a smtp relayhost?

Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic3474 … relay.html