Topic: First time user of iRedMail - with partition question :)
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3 (or which versions is newest when i install this weekend)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.3
Im about to install iRedMail-Pro this weekend, and want to make the correct partitions from the start.
I was planning to make a seperate partition for /var/vmail, /var/log, /swap and /boot (which makes it so muche easier to increase space later on in my VM ware setup.)
1) how much space should i take into consideration is needed for the / partition?
2) Are there any other partitions i should consider?
3) How much ram is it recommended i allocate to the machine?
4) As i understand quarantined mails are stored in MySQL - so i guess a /var/lib/mysql partition might also be an option, so it can be resized if needed? (according to our current quarantine stats around 65% of mails recieved are clean)
Bonus info: The server will be handeling around 400k mails / month, spread over 400 domains, and around 650 mailboxes.
i hope someone can give me a quick point in the right direction....
Thanks in advance from a newbiee when it comes to iRedMail
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.