Topic: admin table and cluebringer

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: -
====

On a clean installation of iRedMail and iRedAdminPro I find I cannot log into cluebringer using the user name and password set out in iRedMail.tips. I see from /etc/apache2/conf.d/cluebringer.conf that authentication is against the admin table in the vmail database. My admin table has no entries. Of course, I can add an appropriate entry but would be grateful if someone could explain (a) what is the admin table used for - only cluebringer or other functions as well, (b) why mine might be blank? (I see, for example, that iRedAdminPro does not appear to use the admins table for domain administration but uses the separate domain_admins table.

Many thanks in advance.

Matthew

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: admin table and cluebringer

Hi mml1000,

Could you please paste me your original file: /etc/apache2/conf.d/cluebringer.conf? It looks like a bug in iRedMail, because it should use SQL table "vmail.mailbox" instead of "vmail.admin".

mml1000 wrote:

(a) what is the admin table used for - only cluebringer or other functions as well,

- In iRedMail-0.8.1 and earlier versions, it's used to store domain admin accounts. Usually, domain admin is just a mail user under the same domain, so domain admin will have to maintain two passwords: one for accessing mailbox, another for accessing admin panel (e.g. iRedAdmin) and other tools like phpLDAPadmin, Cluebringer web interface.

- Since iRedMail-0.8.2, it's able to mark normal mail user as domain admin. Domain admin doesn't need to maintain two passwords anymore, but you can create separate admin account (not mail user) if you want.

mml1000 wrote:

(b) why mine might be blank? (I see, for example, that iRedAdminPro does not appear to use the admins table for domain administration but uses the separate domain_admins table.

Empty record is correct, because iRedMail-0.8.2 won't create record in admin table after installation completed.

Re: admin table and cluebringer

/etc/apache2/conf.d/cluebringer.conf:

<Directory /usr/share/postfix-cluebringer-webui/webui/>
    DirectoryIndex index.php
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny

#allow from 127.0.0.1
    allow from all

AuthType basic
    AuthName "Authorization Required"
    AuthType Basic

AuthMYSQL on