Topic: Fit on campus email system
we would like to fit iRedMail/PostgreSQL on our campus email system (cca 9000 users). Before we spend time with iRedMail, we need to know how to solve some special operations:
- automatically user synchronization with cental DB (CDB) - My idea is build on perl script in cron, that fill tables in PostgreSQL iRedMail database. Is it possible? Whitch tables I should fill?
- automatically user password synchronization with CDB - Whitch formats of password are supported?
- automatically blocking old users (users that dissappeared from CDB cause end of study, ...). After defined time (one year) I could remove user account with all emails and settings. Where can I store the date of start of blocking? Can I store it in DB column or extra table?
- each user has an university ID number called VUTID and university name called VUTNAME. Both of them is used for email addressing (some special persons have another roles that is linked with another email address too). For example: My VUTID is 49756, VUTLOGIN is xkisli01 and I need an extra email alias for our bussiness partners in form <name><dot><surname>@<domain>.
My idea is build on mailbox name in form <VUTID>@<domain>. Other emails as aliases. Is it possible to make one or two aliases for each user (theoretically 20000 - 30000 aliases in system)?
- prelast question is about mailing-lists. We need to manage some mailing-lists automatically. A good example of this problem is a student class. I need a mailing-list for students of one grade. At the end of the grade the list will be emptied and filled with new students at the begging of new grade.
Is it possible to manage it from perl script with access to iRedMail/PostgreSQL DB? Whitch tables I should fill?
- last question is about user mail forwarding. We need to add a way to users to manage mail forwarding independently. The best way could be a plugin in roundcube. I was looking for the plugin, but I could not find it.
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Scientific Linux 6.3
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
----Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $29.