Topic: Configuration for iRedMail Pro server to forward mails to gateways

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: 0.8.1
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,
I am new to iredmail , and im thanking you to creating this kind of great script. I have plan to move my all 5 servers to iRedMail back end.

Here is the my set up.

I have, 1 mail storage server and 4 Mail Gateways daily email out bound - 50000 to 60000 inbound 20000 to 30000 total users 150

++all out bound mail forward to 4 gateways .
++all incoming mails receive 4 gateways and forward to 1 mail storage server.

my question is,

same set up i want make with iRedMail back end. i am going use one Pro version to manage user quotas,  iRedMail for Mail Gateway servers. 

1. What is the configuration in iRedMail Pro server to forward mails to gateways (relay setting)
2. What is the configuration in iRedMail gateways to accept mail form RedMail Pro server (relay setting for in and out)

Thank in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Configuration for iRedMail Pro server to forward mails to gateways

To be clear, we have only one edition of iRedMail, it's free and open source. All mail services are implemented in iRedMail.
iRedAdmin / iRedAdmin-Pro is just addition web admin panel to help you manage iRedMail.

toto.lk wrote:

1. What is the configuration in iRedMail Pro server to forward mails to gateways (relay setting)

You can set relay setting in domain profile page, under tab "Relay".
But, as far as i know, you can set only one relay setting with Postfix parameter "relayhost=", so i think you have to use same priority in DNS for 4 gateways to balance outbound. For example (192.168.1.x are IP addresses of your 4 gateways):

gateway.domain.ltd IN A 10 192.168.1.1
gateway.domain.ltd IN A 10 192.168.1.2
gateway.domain.ltd IN A 10 192.168.1.3
gateway.domain.ltd IN A 10 192.168.1.4
toto.lk wrote:

2. What is the configuration in iRedMail gateways to accept mail form RedMail Pro server (relay setting for in and out)

In storage server, list IP of all 4 gateways in Postfix parameter "mynetworks =".