Topic: Configure mail client with POP3 (995) and SMTP (465) instead STARTLS

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
==== Hello everyone !

Using the Open Source Edition is it possible to configure the mail client (in my case - thunderbird) with these ports/protocols

- POP3 (995) ?
- SMTP (465) ?

If so ... how can I configure it ? Or this is only possible with the iRedmail PRO edition ?

I'm using the last iredmail build 0.8.1 Open Source Edition with CentOS 6.3.

Thunderbird allows me to check automatically (autodetect) and sets the POP3 port to 110 (STARTTLS) and SMTP port to 587 (STARTTLS) ... when I try to set to POP3 (995) and SMTP (465) instead  STARTLS, the output comes to: Thunderbird failed to find the settings for your email accounts.

Some help are welcome!
Thanks smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Configure mail client with POP3 (995) and SMTP (465) instead STARTLS

digitalbit wrote:

Using the Open Source Edition is it possible to configure the mail client (in my case - thunderbird) with these ports/protocols
- POP3 (995) ?
- SMTP (465) ?

To be clear, we have only one edition of iRedMail, it's free and open source. All mail services are implemented in iRedMail.
iRedAdmin / iRedAdmin-Pro is just addition web admin panel to help you manage iRedMail.

- Port 995 (POP3 over STARTTLS) is enabled by default.
- Port 465 (SMTP over SSL) is deprecated and disabled, please use port 587 (SMTP over STARTTLS, a.k.a. submission) instead.

digitalbit wrote:

Thunderbird allows me to check automatically (autodetect) and sets the POP3 port to 110 (STARTTLS) and SMTP port to 587 (STARTTLS)

This is correct and recommended, POP3/SMTP communications are encrypted via STARTTLS.

Re: Configure mail client with POP3 (995) and SMTP (465) instead STARTLS

Thank you ZhangHuangbin wink