Topic: no messages table in roundcube DB

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:centos6.2
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi Zhang,

I found there was no "messages" table but only "cached-messages" table in roundcube db after running iredmail installation script.
When later we tired to upgrade roundcube and ran its mysql update script, it alerted some errors about no such table.

Is there possible that something missed in iredmail installation script for setting up the "messages" table? Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: no messages table in roundcube DB

pang wrote:

I found there was no "messages" table but only "cached-messages" table in roundcube db after running iredmail installation script.

Any error message during iRedMail installation?

the installation script was completed successfully without error message and there is no log under iRedMail-0.8.1 directory.
any idea?

No idea at all, sorry. sad

Hi Zhang,
these are the tables after iredmail installation script completed successfully:
cache
cache_index
cache_messages
cache_thread
contactgroupmembers
contactgroups
contacts
dictionary
identities
searches
session
users

Is there any other table missing besides "messages"? what do you think, do we need to perform roundcube re-installation from the web and manually create those missing tables? Thanks.

Could you help check /var/www/roundcubemail/SQL/mysql.initial.sql on your server, does it contains table "messages"?
iRedMail will import SQL tables in this file.

Hi Zhang,

Thanks for your hint, I checked /SQL/mysql.initial.sql of both roundcube 7.2 and 8.1 and there is only cache_messages table, it seems roundcube changed table name "messages" of old version to "cache_messages". Thanks.