Topic: Disable Greylisting per user or domain?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.4 (with pro 1.3.1)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I love greylisting but some of my clients don't. Is it possible to disable it on a per account or per domain basis rather than just off/on for the entire mail server?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Disable Greylisting per user or domain?

Check here

http://rimuhosting.com/knowledgebase/li … 20postgrey

It's towards the bottom under the Per User greylisting

3 (edited by matthewjamesorlando 2012-09-08 04:46:07)

Here is the text:

Per-user greylisting
You can set it so that only particular users have their emails grey-listed.  e.g. in /etc/postfix/main.cf have:

smtpd_restriction_classes = greylist
greylist = check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:60000

And add the following to smtpd_recipient_restrictions in /etc/postfix/main.cf:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
            [other options that normally go here]
            check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/greylist_optin

(Note that you would have this set in smtpd_recipient_restrictions instead of the "check_policy_service unix:/var/spool/postfix/postgrey/socket" setting mentioned in the previous section.

In /etc/postfix/greylist_optin put users who should be greylisted followed by 'greylist' (the class defined above):

fred@example.com    greylist
mary@example.com     greylist

Sending mail to those users should now get greylisted (might need to 'postmap /etc/postfix/greylist_optin' before restarting postfix).

In /etc/postgrey/whitelist_clients you can add domains (domain names, one per line) that you think should not be greylisted.  e.g. domains of users that you deal with frequently (maybe avoiding common sources of spam though like yahoo.com, hotmail.com, etc).

I'm not sure if that's what you want...but figured I'd offer

matthewjamesorlando wrote:

I'm not sure if that's what you want...but figured I'd offer

Thanks. I found the feature in iRedAdmin Pro 1.4.0 which I needed to upgrade to. It also required me to edit policyd.conf and restart policyd as described in the iRedMail 0.7.4 to 0.8.0 upgrade notes. Seems to be working now.