Topic: Replace new domain , Maildir , webmail don't change.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0-8.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): My SQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 64 bit.
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
I would like to replace a new domain so Maildir, webmail ,... don't change  anything.

Currently, I use domain  @tvbh.com -- I want to change @abc.com but Maildir user1@tvbh.com --> user1@abc.com not change anything : password, Inbox, sent items, ....

How to do that , thanks,

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Replace new domain , Maildir , webmail don't change.

How about assign your new domain as an alias domain to the old one?

If you have iRedAdmin-Pro installed, you can easily manage alias domains in domain profile page. Screenshot for your reference:

http://www.iredmail.org/images/iredadmin/domain_profile_alias.png

If you don't have iRedAdmin-Pro, please add it with MySQL command line too manually. For example:

# mysql -uroot -p
mysql> USE vmail;
mysql> INSERT INTO alias_domain (alias_domain, target_domain) VALUES ('new.com', 'old.com');

Then user 'user1@old.com' will have a new addition email address: user1@new.com. Mails sent to them will be delivered to same mailbox, and all current settings (password, inbox, sent items) won't be changed.

This is not a solution since a user might want to move host the other domain and its mail elsewhere. Some one needs to write a tutorial on how to simply move emails via ssh without using imap clients.

Then you need to copy the mailbox to new server directly. (you didn't mention this kind of movement in your post.)