Topic: Clustered IRedmail Servers

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (MySQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.3
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:  N/A
====

Ok so I have painstakingly setup a NFS share [/var/vmail/vmail1] with 2 Mail servers with mysql master/master replication. This seems to be working as expected [share and mysql rep that is]. Prior to this I had two
separate servers. So the NFS share and Mysql rep was done after creating the mail servers.

However, if I drill down into the shared disk where a particular user's Maildir folders I see two
directories with different dates it seems. 

[root@server01 x]# pwd
/var/vmail/vmail1/mydomain/a/d/m
[root@server01 x]# ls -al
total 8
drwxrwxrwx 4 vmail vmail 4 Aug 13 14:40 .
drwxrwxrwx 3 vmail vmail 3 Aug 13 14:39 ..
drwxrwxrwx 3 vmail vmail 3 Aug 13 14:40 jsmith01-2012.08.03.14.07.46        << belongs to server2
drwxrwxrwx 3 vmail vmail 3 Aug 13 14:39 jsmith01-2012.08.04.16.35.56        << belongs to server1

Each one belongs to one of the Mail servers.... I can delete from rm -R /var/vmail/vmail1/*  and restart the mail servers... and these same exactly named directories come back once a new mail is posted. So clustering is useless.
Well that is... Each folder could have different email posts. Thunderbird for whatever reason sticks to the first connected mail server for all further email downloads... nothing is left on the servers. That in its self is quite annoying. No doubt an issue with Thunderbird I presume.

I cannot find how these exactly named dirs gets recreated. Is it in mysql? Should I try nuking the user from
mysql and re-add? Ideally adding the new user to one should create it in the other if my mysql rep is working
properly.

Any ideas?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Clustered IRedmail Servers

The maildir is stored in mysql.

database: vmail
table: mailbox
column: maildir

Check in both mysql servers if they are equal.

The maildir path never changes and it is created when the account is created.

Re: Clustered IRedmail Servers

Yes it was an issue with two different entries in mysql... after squaring away the mysql rep issues.
All is well now...

This can now be marked solved.  I have my 2 node clustered iRedmail server in good working order.

ariarantes wrote:

The maildir is stored in mysql.

database: vmail
table: mailbox
column: maildir

Check in both mysql servers if they are equal.

The maildir path never changes and it is created when the account is created.