Topic: SSL SMTPS on my Galaxy S3 doesn't want to work

I was wanting to make smtps mandatory on Postfix, though I am having some quite big problems allowing my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone to actually send mail.

I have tried this using Outlook using a proxy VPN connection out of my own network to make sure this all worksa nd it works perfectly fine using Outlook 2003.

It's just my phone keeps replying with the message 'Can not safely connect to server' that's all it says been in my log files with a fine tooth combe can't find anything to suggest what's going on, would it be that my mail client on my phones just not capable of this? On a logical assumption I think it does, I mean just as an example if I do that as I said above allot Outlook to communicate with port 465 using SSL. So I know it works but just not on my phone I think.

Any helps really appreciated

==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): iRedmail version 0.8.1 (I think well all the relevant updates have been completed)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.3
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.

I am not sure of what log messages to put but this is the output of the command telnet mail.example.com 465:

[root@server iRedMail]# telnet mail.hsmedia.co.uk 465
Trying 192.168.0.3...
Connected to mail.hsmedia.co.uk.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.hsmedia.co.uk ESMTP Postfix
ehlo hpjsmith.hsmedia.co.uk
250-mail.hsmedia.co.uk
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 15728640
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 DSN
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SSL SMTPS on my Galaxy S3 doesn't want to work

There's no SSL support, please use TLS (STARTTLS) instead.

Hi, j.smith1981

I was set as follows.

Outlook2003
IMAP/POP:  port:993 SSL:ON
SMTP:  port:587 SSL:OFF

Outlook2007 and Outlook2010 has support for TLS.

Ah fine thank you ever so much for that reply, apologies it's taken a while to get back to you.