Topic: Authenticate LDAP on one server

==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL):
-  RHEL/CentOS distribution name and version: iRedAdmin-0.1.6
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Hello,

I like to thank first of all create very helpful scrip. sorry for the my  bad English

I have three mail servers and want make authenticate LDAP on one server for all three and need share load with other two.

how a can achieve this goal

Thanks in advance
Chinthaka

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Authenticate LDAP on one server

Let's say you're going to run OpenLDAP service on server #1, perform authentication on server #2 and #3.

What you need to do is simple:

• Make sure OpenLDAP service is running on server #1, and, don't forget to make it accessible from external network in your firewall.

• Several softwares will perform LDAP authentication and queries on all servers, so you have to change LDAP server related settings in their config files on server #2 and #3. For example, you should change LDAP server address, port, bind dn, bind password in Postfix/Dovecot/Amavisd/Roundcube config files.

• Postfix: All ldap related settings are configured in /etc/postfix/ldap/*.cf. So please update them all.

• Dovecot: only /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf

• Amavisd: only /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf

• Roundcube: only /var/www/roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php