Topic: Trying to migrate to iRedMail - what about postfix?

==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
==== So last night I was trying to migrate from a Exim4/Dovecot/Roundcube solution to iRedMail setup.
Everything seemed to work pretty good. Got Roundcube working, no problems in the admin section either.
Have a few domains to add and that worked great in the web admin as well.

But the problem I had was on the client side, I cannot find any documentation on that part.

1. Do I need to add some domains to postfix? Or does the webadmin-part do this for me?
2. How should I connect to the server using Thunderbird/Mail.app/Outlook? Tried several method but could not get any concise method.

Like I have several domains, thus I have several accounts loaded in my mail client. So when one was working, the other ones fell out. So I find this little strange. And I had the "certificate dialog" popup everytime I tried to connect to the server.

Running on debian squeeze with the latest stable software from iRedMail and debian.

So, I someone could shed some light on the client side connectivity that would be great.

Ps, got this when I tried to reset my passwd on this site:

2012-07-22 15:19:24 H=oproxy2-pub.bluehost.com [67.222.39.55] F=<iredmail@box673.bluehost.com> rejected RCPT <postmaster@servar.net>: Spammer rejected. DNSBL listed at bl.spamcop.net at Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?67.222.39.55. Ratelimit incremented. 

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Trying to migrate to iRedMail - what about postfix?

Grimnar wrote:

1. Do I need to add some domains to postfix? Or does the webadmin-part do this for me?

You can add domains with iRedAdmin, the web-based admin panel. Postfix/Dovecot will query mail accounts from LDAP/SQL server automatically.

Grimnar wrote:

2. How should I connect to the server using Thunderbird/Mail.app/Outlook? Tried several method but could not get any concise method.

Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … r.iRedMail

Grimnar wrote:

Like I have several domains, thus I have several accounts loaded in my mail client. So when one was working, the other ones fell out. So I find this little strange.

I don't have this issue, it maybe something wrong in your mail client.

Grimnar wrote:

And I had the "certificate dialog" popup everytime I tried to connect to the server. Running on debian squeeze with the latest stable software from iRedMail and debian.

Since iRedMail generates a self-certificated certs for you, this is expected result. Please purchase valid SSL certs from SSL provider to avoid this issue. Search "purchase ssl certificate" in Google will show you mean providers.

Grimnar wrote:

<postmaster@servar.net>: Spammer rejected. DNSBL listed at bl.spamcop.net at Blocked

Is @servar.net your mail domain? If so, please request to remove it on spamcop.net.