Topic: Multiple domain and host/fqdn / - script questions

Hi All, 2 general, perhaps, dumb questions.

I will setup, a iredmail box on centos 6.x, for 3 domains.

First, and install domain, is "virtual" something like myiredmailbox.local, but the second and third domain are productive.

The consideration about FQDN metioned here
http://www.iredmail.org/install_iredmail_on_rhel.html

Must be valid only for the first domain of for all 3 domains? If no, how to do your istruction for multiple domain environment?

Second question: I see the video, and in the video was do a "bash get_all.sh" command. But in the guide is not mentioned. I also needed that command?

Thanks in advance!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Multiple domain and host/fqdn / - script questions

I was in the same situation as you and when i installed iRedMail i choosed a valid domain as primary.
PS : Try to use bash get_all.sh as it download all packages before the instalation ( just to be safe )

fabero wrote:

Hi All, 2 general, perhaps, dumb questions.

I will setup, a iredmail box on centos 6.x, for 3 domains.

First, and install domain, is "virtual" something like myiredmailbox.local, but the second and third domain are productive.

Must be valid only for the first domain of for all 3 domains? If no, how to do your istruction for multiple domain environment?

Second question: I see the video, and in the video was do a "bash get_all.sh" command. But in the guide is not mentioned. I also needed that command?

Thanks in advance!

ColdAsIce wrote:

I was in the same situation as you and when i installed iRedMail i choosed a valid domain as primary.
PS : Try to use bash get_all.sh as it download all packages before the instalation ( just to be safe )

So, i need to change hostname pointing all to first valid domain. And this is sufficient also for second or other domains i want to add???

fabero wrote:

Oops, my mistake.
"Valid" means it must have a correct FQDN hostname, i mean the syntax. So hostname like 'mx.example.com', 'mail.test.com' are OK.
It's not required (but strongly recommended) to be resolvable on internet, but you'd better to make it resolvable so that other mail servers can resolve your HELO identify (usually, the FQDN hostname).

fabero wrote:

The video is out-of-date, our official installation guide is always up-to-date. So, use the guide if possible. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Oops, my mistake.
"Valid" means it must have a correct FQDN hostname, i mean the syntax. So hostname like 'mx.example.com', 'mail.test.com' are OK.
It's not required (but strongly recommended) to be resolvable on internet, but you'd better to make it resolvable so that other mail servers can resolve your HELO identify (usually, the FQDN hostname).

So the only thing to do is better if the server had a reversable dns name!

fabero wrote:

Yes. But, again, it's not required, but strongly recommended.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
fabero wrote:

Yes. But, again, it's not required, but strongly recommended.

No OK, is very reccomended. Many ISP doesn't accept mail if the host havn't a reversable ip.

fabero wrote:

No OK, is very reccomended. Many ISP doesn't accept mail if the host havn't a reversable ip.

That's the truth.