Topic: Importing RFC822 Mail text files?

I have a bunch of .MAI files (RFC 822 mail text) exported from MailEnable. Any thoughts on how I would import those in?

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Importing RFC822 Mail text files?

Try to simply copy it to user's maildir, and set correct file owner (vmail:vmail) and permission (0700).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try to simply copy it to user's maildir, and set correct file owner (vmail:vmail) and permission (0700).

Unclear where in there I would copy all those files to.

What I ended up doing is making sure the files were all named .eml  and then running a program called "eml2mbox" which converted all those to a single mbox file. I was then able to use mutt to just copy the emails from the local mbox to the imap server.

Maybe i don't full understand your points, sorry. Let me explain here:

- Each converted email files must be one email per file. You can store multiple emails in one .eml file or mbox file. The .eml file should be ok without convert.
- Extension (.eml) in file name is not important.
- Mail users has their own mailboxes, for example, user 'zhb@example.com' has a mailbox on file system: /var/vmail/vmail1/example.com/z/h/b/zhb-20120705105902/Maildir/.
- Copy converted emails to /var/vmail/vmail1/example.com/z/h/b/zhb-20120705105902/Maildir/cur/, and set correct file owner (vmail:vmail) and permission (0700).