Topic: RHEL6.3: dovecot* rpm file conflicts

Hi.

Several files in the dovecot-managesieve rpm from iRedMail repo conflict with files in both Redhat's dovecot-pigeonhole rpm and dovecot rpm (both are in the rhel-x86_64-server-6 channel)

Transaction Check Error:
  file /usr/libexec/dovecot/managesieve from install of dovecot-managesieve-2:0.2.6-21.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package dovecot-1:2.0.9-2.el6_1.1.x86_64
  file /usr/libexec/dovecot/managesieve-login from install of dovecot-managesieve-2:0.2.6-21.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package dovecot-1:2.0.9-2.el6_1.1.x86_64
  file /usr/lib64/dovecot/settings/libmanagesieve_login_settings.so from install of dovecot-managesieve-2:0.2.6-21.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package dovecot-pigeonhole-1:2.0.9-2.el6_1.1.x86_64
  file /usr/lib64/dovecot/settings/libmanagesieve_settings.so from install of dovecot-managesieve-2:0.2.6-21.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package dovecot-pigeonhole-1:2.0.9-2.el6_1.1.x86_64
  file /usr/libexec/dovecot/managesieve from install of dovecot-managesieve-2:0.2.6-21.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package dovecot-pigeonhole-1:2.0.9-2.el6_1.1.x86_64
  file /usr/libexec/dovecot/managesieve-login from install of dovecot-managesieve-2:0.2.6-21.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package dovecot-pigeonhole-1:2.0.9-2.el6_1.1.x86_64

This is with iRedMail 0.8.1 and Redhat AS 6.3
Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: RHEL6.3: dovecot* rpm file conflicts

RHEL 6.3 ships dovecot-managesieve-0.2.6, but we provides a newer version in iRedMail repo.
Did you try to solve it by setting higher priority in iRedMail repo file (/etc/yum.repos.d/iRedMail.repo)? i don't have chance to test RHEL 6.3 yet. sad

I ended up installing (which, btw, does not for a postgresql backend remove the ~postgres/data directory contents), setting the iRedMail repo to be a higher priority, and reinstalled (i had to modify get_all.sh to add an appropriate "priority=" line when creating the .repo). All good, now.

Of course, I would certainly prefer not to override redhat distributed packages if at all possible (especially since RedHat won't provide support for repackaged RPMs).

Seems there was also an issue with the amavis/clamav packages which came either from redhat or from epel.

Maybe a good idea to rename re-packaged postfix to postfix-pgsql, so that installing iRedMail with LDAP/MySQL backends won't install it from iRedMail yum repo.

dwbotsch wrote:

Seems there was also an issue with the amavis/clamav packages which came either from redhat or from peel.

Any details?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Maybe a good idea to rename re-packaged postfix to postfix-pgsql, so that installing iRedMail with LDAP/MySQL backends won't install it from iRedMail yum repo.

dwbotsch wrote:

Seems there was also an issue with the amavis/clamav packages which came either from redhat or from peel.

Any details?

Unfortunately, not. Unclear if an issue with RPM stuff or something screwy because I had selinux turned on when I did the intial install. I did a complete reinstall of iredmail using iredmail.repo with the highest priority and with selinux off, and all worked well.

Quite a few package overrides in iredmail, so being able to use the Redhat (or even epel) provided packages where possible would be a good thing.

- iRedMail doesn't work with SELinux.
- Red Hat doesn't provide several major components and their dependencies, e.g. Amavisd, Policyd.
- Many packages in EPEL are out-of-date. sad So i use pkgs.repoforge.org instead.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- iRedMail doesn't work with SELinux.
- Red Hat doesn't provide several major components and their dependencies, e.g. Amavisd, Policyd.
- Many packages in EPEL are out-of-date. sad So i use pkgs.repoforge.org instead.

Fair enough... do your rebuild the packages in the iRedMail repo for security updates/etc?

Yes. We sync/download new versions from pkgs.repoforge.org.

If you have a list of what packages Redhat is missing as well as a list of what packages Redhat provides but are either the wrong version or missing a piece or compiled with the wrong options, I can use my support contract with RedHat to file one or more RFEs against RHEL6.x .

Great. Here's the list:

- The most important: rebuild Postfix to enable PostgreSQL support. It requires only one switch in RPM SPEC file, it's really easy.
- Amavisd-new. The latest stable version, 2.8.0, is preferred.
- Cluebringer. http://www.policyd.org/. Provides grey-/white-/blacklisting, SPF/HELO checking, accounting/throttling, etc.
- Fail2ban. This is really useful.
- Awstats.
- Jinja2. A python template engine. http://jinja.pocoo.org/ Required by iRedAdmin.
- Web.py. A web framework for Python that is as simple as it is powerful. http://webpy.org/ Required by iRedAdmin.

Note:

- Of course we need the dependence RPMs required by above packages.
- Some are already available in EPEL, but most of them are out-of-date.

I am having the same issue trying to install iRedMail on the default Amazon Web Services AMI.

How is this solved? What does "setting higher priority in iRedMail repo file" mean?

Transaction Check Error:
  file /usr/lib64/dovecot/settings/libmanagesieve_login_settings.so conflicts between attempted installs of dovecot-managesieve-2:0.2.6-21.el6.x86_64 and dovecot-pigeonhole-1:2.0.9-2.9.amzn1.x86_64
  file /usr/lib64/dovecot/settings/libmanagesieve_settings.so conflicts between attempted installs of dovecot-managesieve-2:0.2.6-21.el6.x86_64 and dovecot-pigeonhole-1:2.0.9-2.9.amzn1.x86_64
  file /usr/libexec/dovecot/managesieve conflicts between attempted installs of dovecot-managesieve-2:0.2.6-21.el6.x86_64 and dovecot-pigeonhole-1:2.0.9-2.9.amzn1.x86_64
  file /usr/libexec/dovecot/managesieve-login conflicts between attempted installs of dovecot-managesieve-2:0.2.6-21.el6.x86_64 and dovecot-pigeonhole-1:2.0.9-2.9.amzn1.x86_64

Please remove installed dovecot packages first, then try again.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please remove installed dovecot packages first, then try again.

That was the first thing that I tried. I did:

sudo yum remove dovecot

Is there anything else necessary to remove?

chaimpeck wrote:

No, if there's no other conflict.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
chaimpeck wrote:

No, if there's no other conflict.

I tried again to uninstall dovecot and then to install iRedMail and it's still giving the exact same errors. I will note that I am trying to install on the Amazon default AMI. I used instructions from here:
http://www.inboxs.com/index.php/linux-o … ail-on-ec2

to fake that the system is really "CentOS release 6.2 (Final)" so that it would install. However, do you think it is possible that there is a conflict?

Oh, you didn't remove all packages which package names start with 'dovecot-*'. Try this:

# sudo yum remove dovecot* dovecot-*

When I do that it says that I'm only removing one package:

---> Package dovecot.x86_64 1:2.0.9-2.9.amzn1 will be erased
Removing:
 dovecot                             x86_64                             1:2.0.9-2.9.amzn1                               @amzn-main                             5.6 M

That's the package that I've tried removing already. Is it possible that I require a *different* version of dovecot?

I am somewhat new to this, so please excuse what might seem like a basic question, but: Is it possible to force yum to install a different version of yum - one that does not come from the "amaz-main" repository?

Thanks for you all your help with this.

chaimpeck wrote:

file /usr/lib64/dovecot/settings/libmanagesieve_login_settings.so conflicts between attempted installs of dovecot-managesieve-2:0.2.6-21.el6.x86_64 and dovecot-pigeonhole-1:2.0.9-2.9.amzn1.x86_64

It says you have package "dovecot-pigeonhole" installed. but iRedMail will install dovecot-managesieve to replace it.

So, please remove "dovecot-pigeonhole" first.

[I didn't carefully read the error log you post, sorry. sad]

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
chaimpeck wrote:

It says you have package "dovecot-pigeonhole" installed. but iRedMail will install dovecot-managesieve to replace it.

So, please remove "dovecot-pigeonhole" first.

[I didn't carefully read the error log you post, sorry. sad]

Thanks for all the help. I tried removing that but it said that it was not even there. I actually just gave up and set up a fresh instance running Ubuntu 12 and iRedMail installed with no issues at all. Easy.

I should have done that in the first place. I think the issue was that the dovecot in the amazon repo is not compatible with the other tools. Either way, I'm all set now.

For anybody else stuck, I recommend using one of the supported distributions (i.e. CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.)