Topic: Connect to openldap? typo3

Hello,

We have installed iRedMail-0.8.1 with LDAP as backend on a Debian Squeeze Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64. On another webserver we have a TYPO3 site that has a plugin that is able to connect to Openldap. I wonder if this is possible with this version and how to do it?

The TYPO3 plugin asks for:
server: mail.example.org?
port: 389?
ldap version: should be 3, right?
base-dn: o=domains,dc=example,dc=org
type of ldap server: Openldap
domain: example.org
user: ?? is this the root dn?
password: ??

We cant get it to connect.

Very thankful for helping me out.

/MP

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Connect to openldap? typo3

OpenLDAP is not reachable from external by default in iRedMail, restricted in iptables rules. What you need to do is allowing port 389 in iptables on your Debian server.

hmpetersson wrote:

user: ?? is this the root dn?
password: ??

I don't know TYPO3 at all, but i think it should be a bind dn and password.

- If it requires read-only access, then please use 'cn=vmail,dc=xxx' as user. You can find the full LDAP dn and password of cn=vmail in Postfix config files. e.g. /etc/postfix/ldap/*.cf.

- If it requires read-write access, please use 'cn=vmailadmin,dc=xxx as user. You can find full LDAP dn and password of cn=vmailadmin in iRedMail.tips (it's generated during iRedMail installation, under the root directory of iRedMail. e.g. /root/iRedMail-0.8.1/iRedMail.tips.)

Re: Connect to openldap? typo3

ZhangHuangbin, thank you very much for your help, allowing in iptables did the trick smile