Topic: connection to imap server failed on centos 6 ldap iredmail 8.1

hi

i have previously successfully installed iredmail on the above server without problems.

when i then tried to install the ssl certificate i had quite a few problems but eventaully solved them. with help from the post below

http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic808- … daddy.html

because this was on a test server and was a little while ago, i decided to reinstall in prep for the real thing, but this time i cannot get rid of the error message "connection to imap server failed" when logging into roundcube webmail

the ssl sertificate was working perfectly for apache until i tried to reconfigure the dovecot and postfix files.

the maillog says

Jun 21 03:02:07 mailer roundcube: IMAP Error: Login failed for test@mydomain.com from 58.169.164.2. Empty startup greeting (127.0.0.1:143) in /var/www/roundcubemail-0.7.2/program/include/rcube_imap.php on line 205 (POST /mail/?_task=login&_action=login)

my /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf says

ssl_cert = /etc/ssl/certs/ca_combine_mydomain.com.pem
ssl_key = /etc/ssl/certs/mydomain.com.key

and my /etc/postfix/main.cf says

smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/certs/mydomain.com.key
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/ca_combine_mydomain.com.pem
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/ssl/certs/ca_combine_mydomain.com.pem

this same problem arose immediately after iredamil installation but was fixed with a server reboot, however, nothing seems to do the trick now

does anyone have any ideas?

cheers

rs

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: connection to imap server failed on centos 6 ldap iredmail 8.1

You should at least show us below info. it's hard to help troubleshoot without them.

==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

- Please paste related log in Dovecot log file (/var/log/dovecot.log) about this issue.
- If you're running Dovecot-2.x, SSL settings should look like below:

ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/ca_combine_mydomain.com.pem
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/certs/mydomain.com.key

Re: connection to imap server failed on centos 6 ldap iredmail 8.1

thanks for very much for your prompt response.

being somewhat too smart for my own good, i left out the pointy bracket at the start of the lines. that's now fixed!

thanks also for your efforts with this code, i have been very happy with it. (i am somewhat of a newb with mailservers)

if you might answer me a question about the pro version of the admin panel. can i put it on my trial server before i transfer it to my production server once i get it up and running? the trial server will be closed down

thanks again

rs