Topic: IredMail + ActiveDirectory + Exchange ....

==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):0.8.0 + Active Directory
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
====

Hi,

I'm currently trying to setup an iRedMail server, with Active Directory integration.

* webmail authentication against Active Directory is OK
* webmail ldap global catalog from Active Directory is OK

But, I still have some issues. The particular point is that I already have a corporate email solution (exchange 2010), and we need to manage the same SMTP domain (let's call it domain.com) on exchange and iRedMail.

On the Exchange side, config is OK : I just have had to change domain.com to "non authoritative". Thanks to this slight change, all emails that reach the exchange farm, and whose recipient doesn't exist in exchange, are forwarded to the iRedMail server (the iRedMail server has been add as  SMTP connector for domain.com).

I've created two test users on active directory : alice@domain.com (with an exchange mailbox) and bob@domain.com (no exchange mailbox).

Alice is able via outlook/exchange to send an email to Bo. Bob receives the email and can display it on iredmail webmail. But bob is not able to reply to alice (or to send anymail to any exchange mailbox), wich sounds correct, as domain.com is refered as postfix mydomain. But it there any way to setup postfix like I did on exchange, so that postfix will relay all the emails for mailbox it doesn't know to exchange ???

I hope I made myself clear enough ! Many thanks by advance if someone can give me help.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: IredMail + ActiveDirectory + Exchange ....

Hi,

I finally found a workaround for my question. In fact, it's much more than a work around, as it also prevents mail loops beetween the two servers.

The redmail server will only be used for webmail (roundcube), therefore I've set up RoundCube to use exchange SMTP, instead of localhost.  so :

If an email is sent to alice, it reaches Exchange, and is delivered on the exchange mailbox.
If an email is sent to bob, it reaches exchange, where the mailbox doesn't exist, and it's routed to iRedMail, where it's delivered on the mailbox.
If an email is sent to an unknown user, it reaches exchange, is routed to iRedMail, and postfix (on iRedMail) replies that the user doesn't exist. Period.

I still have a few points to check :
1. Get from LDAP the correct real names of a AD user in roundcube,
2. Manage automatic corporate email signature,
3. Display in Exchange and Roundcube GAL every contacts (exchange and iRedMail). For Now, I've been able to get by LDAP exchange GAL in roundcube, but I can'ts see the other roundcube users... And I don't want to create Contacts for them in Exchange...