Topic: Does iRedMail is compatible with NGinX, MySQL and other stuffs ?

==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
==== Hello,

I want to install iRedMail 0.8.0 on CentOS 6, but actually this server has already a web server : NGinX

I've read on the installation doc this :

WARNING: iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc. Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations althought it will backup files before modifing, and it may be not working as expected.

Other problem I've MySQL :

mysql --version wrote:

Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.61, for redhat-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.1

So there is a problem. That's possible to "protect" MySQL and eventually NGinX during iRedMail installation ?

PS : I'm looking for iRedMail because I need urgently a mail server with postfix + dovecot.

Thank you !

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Does iRedMail is compatible with NGinX, MySQL and other stuffs ?

iRedMail won't touch Nginx, but it maybe mess up your MySQL server. It's NOT recommended to install iRedMail on a server has MySQL running.

If you really want to do it, try below steps:

1: BACKUP ALL DATA BEFORE INSTALLING IREDMAIL. includes MySQL databases, config file (my.cnf), etc.
2: Set MySQL root password to empty value.

Then install iRedMail.

3 (edited by koshie 2012-05-31 16:48:28)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

iRedMail won't touch Nginx, but it maybe mess up your MySQL server. It's NOT recommended to install iRedMail on a server has MySQL running.

If you really want to do it, try below steps:

1: BACKUP ALL DATA BEFORE INSTALLING IREDMAIL. includes MySQL databases, config file (my.cnf), etc.
2: Set MySQL root password to empty value.

Then install iRedMail.

I've already enjoyed an installation but, yes of course, I've doing backup of everythings importants on my system, everyday wink. With Rsync, cron on an other server... Classical.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean you had iRedMail successfully installed on this server?

It seems not, see my other topic about my problem with iRedMail. I was trying to put an URL but I've this message :

Too more links in message. Allowed 0 links. Reduce number of links and post it again.

install a same version system on  another place first, for example a virtual machine

and then install iredmail on it, backup the db by script included on iredmail

after that, install all required package(postfix, dovecot, amavisd, clamd spamassassin etc ....) on your physical server

finally migrate all configure file from /etc and restore the db from backup

restart any service about e-mail, for example postfix, dovecot etc

if no problem, just configure ngnix to run php and the  happy with iredmail