Topic: alias domain

0.8.0 - mySQL - Centos 6.2
Hello,
How should I go about accepting mail for a given domain and relaying its backend (which is not on the iRedMail server).
Thanks for your help!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: alias domain

1) Add this domain with iRedAdmin
2) In MySQL database, 'vmail', set 'domain.backupmx=1' for this domain.
3) Set 'domain.transport' to proper value so that iRedMail will relay all emails for this domain to another server.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

3) Set 'domain.transport' to proper value so that iRedMail will relay all emails for this domain to another server.

Thank you for your reply! When you say: Set domain.transport to proper value, this implies typing in a servername, is there a way to simply reply on DNS resolution to find the correct backend? Thanks again for your help.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Thank you for your reply! When you say: Set domain.transport to proper value, this implies typing in a servername, is there a way to simply reply on DNS resolution to find the correct backend? Thanks again for your help.

By the way, I've added FQDN of backend server in domain.transport and the mail stays in queue with error: 'mail transport unavailable' . Can you advise? Thanks yet again.

I googled on Postfix transport and read about using 'smtp' as a value to relay. After replacing FQDN by 'smtp' my mail arrived. Thanks again anyhow :-)