1 (edited by ketan.aagja 2012-05-21 18:39:37)

Topic: Error on dovecot.log of No Such Device

==== ==== ==== ==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.7.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 5.8
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====
Hi,

I created User and configured IMAP on user end on outlook however I am seeing this error in DOVECOT.LOG file which I want to clear out. Other test user accounts are working fine but this user is showing error message.

May 21 11:28:25 IMAP(user@mydomain.com): Error: mmap() failed with index cache file /mnt/glusterfs/vmail1/mydomain.com/u/s/r/user-2012.05.21.08.38.32//Maildir/dovecot.index.cache: No such device
May 21 11:28:25 IMAP(user@mydomain.com): Error: mmap() failed with index cache file /mnt/glusterfs/vmail1/mydomain.com/u/s/r/user-2012.05.21.08.38.32//Maildir/dovecot.index.cache: No such device

As it shows //Maildir (Two slashes) I thought that would be the issue and I tried edited on Admin Panel but it is same don't know whats the issue. I also can see dovecot.index.cache file in Maildir which sounds crazy.

Please help me out with this errors.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error on dovecot.log of No Such Device

Hi,

Now I am getting this error on dovecot.index.cache: No such device on every mailboxes that I have created. I don't know whats happening with it as it shows error on IMAP as well as POP configurations. Does it have any relation with GlusterFS as I have made cluster with other server?

Your kind guidance will help me out in planning the iRedMail server in production.

Is it a GlusterFS device?
I didn't try it before, not sure whether this issue is caused by Dovecot + GlusterFS or not. sad

ketan.aagja wrote:

As it shows //Maildir (Two slashes) ...

Did you try to fix with iRedAdmin-Pro? or phpLDAPadmin?

4 (edited by ketan.aagja 2012-05-21 21:56:58)

hi Zhang,

Yes I tried to fix it with removing / after "user-2012.05.20.11.19.29/" from iRedAdmin-Pro but still it is giving me the same error. I just Google it and found out that it does not have to deal with Gluster as Gluster only replicates files/directories on both the servers. I think its something related to configuration only.

See these logs:

May 21 14:49:36 POP3(user@mydomain.com): Error: mmap() failed with index cache file /mnt/glusterfs/vmail1/mydomain.com/u/s/r/user-2012.05.20.11.19.29/Maildir/dovecot.index.cache: No such device
May 21 14:49:36 POP3(user@mydomain.com): Info: Disconnected: Logged out top=0/0, retr=0/0, del=0/4, size=11606
May 21 14:50:08 POP3(user@mydomain.com): Error: mmap() failed with index cache file /mnt/glusterfs/vmail1/mydomain.com/u/s/r/user-2012.05.20.11.19.29/Maildir/dovecot.index.cache: No such device
May 21 14:50:08 POP3(user@mydomain.com): Info: Disconnected: Logged out top=0/0, retr=0/0, del=0/4, size=11606
May 21 14:50:21 pop3-login: Info: Login: user=<user@mydomain.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, lip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, TLS
May 21 14:50:21 POP3(user@mydomain.com): Error: mmap() failed with index cache file /mnt/glusterfs/vmail1/mydomain.com/u/s/r/user-2012.05.20.11.19.29//Maildir/dovecot.index.cache: No such device

Did you try to set 'mmap_disable=yes' in dovecot.conf?
Reference: http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/20 … 21313.html

Hi Zhang,

Upon Google I found out one link http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/20 … 21320.html where someone states:

mmap_disable=yes

Setup in dovecot.conf resolved the issue, however I had to restart the entire server as it was not getting in action upon postfix service restart.

haha, I was editing the same line when you might be replying to me... by the way thanks Zhang...