Topic: Re-download all E-mails to Outlook / Thunderbird

==== ==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.0
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 5.7
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Hi,

Today one of the user's outlook PST file got crashed and I needed to re-download all E-mails from his mailbox but when I accessed his webmail account on Roundcube all the mails were deleted.

We always configure Do not download E-mails from Server in Outlook/Thunderbird application so that Outlook/Thunderbird does not download emails from the mailbox. But upon further testing when I am deleting emails from outlook/thunderbird it is getting deleted from webmail (RoundCube) account in iRedMail.

Are there any settings do I need to do to stop such thing?
How can I re-download every E-mails from iRedMail again if PST or other issues are coming?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Re-download all E-mails to Outlook / Thunderbird

ketan.aagja wrote:

Are there any settings do I need to do to stop such thing?
How can I re-download every E-mails from iRedMail again if PST or other issues are coming?

You should use IMAP instead of POP3. sad

Thank you for your support. That means there is no option for POP protocol. I was just thinking to tweak it with POP so that monthly we can download all the mails from MAILBOXES to reduce the iRedMail Server space.

As you are suggesting IMAP then we will be having issues managing hard disk space on server. Is there any other way to manage such scenario to cope up with the server hard disk space?

Dear ketan.aagja,

How about purchasing new hard disk to avoid this issue? Hard disk should be cheap enough.

5 (edited by ketan.aagja 2012-05-16 16:18:12)

Thanks Zhang for your kind support...

one more last question from my end... I would be planning 3 TB HDD for production server having load of near to 100 users with multiple domains. Can you suggest me some way to clear up the mailboxes? I mean is there any way that monthly we can take backup of mailboxes on other server and can retrieve the mails later on, its just to free up the HDDs of live production server.