1 (edited by alkiros 2012-04-18 23:14:23)

Topic: problem of identification on Roundcube

Good morning,

First of all, please excuse me for my English, I have of use a translator web because I have never succeeded in learning this language, and in 63 years, it is more and more difficult!

I have just installed iRedMail and if the installation took place well, I have a problem of identification on Roundcube, that it is to send a mail, or to achieve the interface of administration.
I proved, and double-checked my identifying and my password, but anything to make, when I click on the button connection, I have an error of identification.
Could anybody say to me where this does not go?
Thank you in advance.

Edit: If it please you, and if possible, thank you for answering in French!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: problem of identification on Roundcube

Hi alkiros,

alkiros wrote:

First of all, please excuse me for my English

It doesn't matter at all. smile

alkiros wrote:

and in 63 years

Wow...

alkiros wrote:

I have just installed iRedMail and if the installation took place well, I have a problem of identification on Roundcube, that it is to send a mail, or to achieve the interface of administration.
I proved, and double-checked my identifying and my password, but anything to make, when I click on the button connection, I have an error of identification.

Honestly, i don't quite understand what the issue is, sorry. sad
But it's helpful if you can capture a screenshot of the error page, or paste related log here. smile

Thank you for the fastness of answer.
Then, here is a capture of screen, I éspère that this will clarify my purpose.

http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/thumb/1334767587.png

Well, user authentication failed.

There must be some related error log in Dovecot log file (/var/log/dovecot.log), could you please paste them here?
You can get error log with below steps:

1) Open a terminal, monitor Dovecot log file with below command (run as root):

# tail -0f /var/log/dovecot.log

2) Now login to Roundcubemail. If it failed again, there must be some error log output in terminal.

If there's not much log, please set/update 'mail_debug = yes' in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf, restart Dovecot service and repeat above steps.

Here is the answer of Konsole and an extract of the log, which says the same thing.
Thanks for your help

tail -0f /var/log/dovecot.log
Apr 19 08:02:56 auth(default): Error: LDAP: binding failed (dn cn=vmail,dc=example,dc=com): Invalid credentials
Apr 19 08:03:07 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<www@collectifagdsanduze.info>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured

log:
Apr 17 22:00:48 dovecot: Info: Dovecot v1.2.17 starting up (core dumps disabled)
Apr 17 22:00:48 dovecot: Info: Generating Diffie-Hellman parameters for the first time. This may take a while..
Apr 17 22:00:48 auth(default): Error: LDAP: Can't connect to server: 127.0.0.1:389
Apr 17 22:00:48 auth(default): Error: LDAP: Can't connect to server: 127.0.0.1:389
Apr 17 22:00:56 ssl-build-param: Info: SSL parameters regeneration completed
Apr 17 22:17:13 auth(default): Error: LDAP: Can't connect to server: 127.0.0.1:389
Apr 17 22:17:20 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<www@collectifagdsanduze.info>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured
Apr 17 22:18:04 auth(default): Error: LDAP: Can't connect to server: 127.0.0.1:389
Apr 17 22:18:11 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<www@collectifagdsanduze.info>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured
Apr 17 22:27:48 dovecot: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=16615 uid=0 code=kill)
Apr 17 22:29:30 dovecot: Info: Dovecot v1.2.17 starting up (core dumps disabled)
Apr 17 22:29:31 auth(default): Error: LDAP: binding failed (dn cn=vmail,dc=example,dc=com): Invalid credentials
Apr 17 22:57:05 auth(default): Error: LDAP: binding failed (dn cn=vmail,dc=example,dc=com): Invalid credentials
Apr 17 22:57:16 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<www@collectifagdsanduze.info>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured
Apr 17 22:57:40 auth(default): Error: LDAP: binding failed (dn cn=vmail,dc=example,dc=com): Invalid credentials
Apr 17 22:57:51 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<www@collectifagdsanduze.info>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured
Apr 17 23:13:35 auth(default): Error: LDAP: binding failed (dn cn=vmail,dc=example,dc=com): Invalid credentials
Apr 17 23:13:46 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<www@collectifagdsanduze.info>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured
Apr 17 23:13:52 auth(default): Error: LDAP: binding failed (dn cn=vmail,dc=example,dc=com): Invalid credentials
Apr 17 23:14:03 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<www@collectifagdsanduze.info>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured
Apr 17 23:14:08 auth(default): Error: LDAP: binding failed (dn cn=vmail,dc=example,dc=com): Invalid credentials
Apr 17 23:14:19 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<www@collectifagdsanduze.info>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured
Apr 18 01:15:55 dovecot: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=9118 uid=0 code=kill)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Well, user authentication failed.

There must be some related error log in Dovecot log file (/var/log/dovecot.log), could you please paste them here?
You can get error log with below steps:

1) Open a terminal, monitor Dovecot log file with below command (run as root):

# tail -0f /var/log/dovecot.log

2) Now login to Roundcubemail. If it failed again, there must be some error log output in terminal.

If there's not much log, please set/update 'mail_debug = yes' in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf, restart Dovecot service and repeat above steps.

alkiros wrote:

Apr 17 23:14:08 auth(default): Error: LDAP: binding failed (dn cn=vmail,dc=example,dc=com): Invalid credentials

It means you have incorrect bind dn or password in Dovecot config file, /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf. Please check it first.

Here is the contents of the file, you see where this sticks?

#
# File generated by iRedMail (2012.04.17.21.47.06):
#
# Version:  0.7.4
# Project:  http://www.iredmail.org/
#
# Community: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/
#

hosts           = 127.0.0.1:389
ldap_version    = 3
auth_bind       = yes
dn              = cn=vmail,dc=example,dc=com
dnpass          = wsekIq4Av2KSdX2KGKWc8bhr5IzdMT
base            = o=domains,dc=example,dc=com
scope           = subtree
deref           = never
user_filter     = (&(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail)(enabledService=%Ls%Lc)(|(mail=%u)(&(enabledService=shadowaddress)(shadowAddress=%u))))
pass_filter     = (&(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail)(enabledService=%Ls%Lc)(|(mail=%u)(&(enabledService=shadowaddress)(shadowAddress=%u))))
pass_attrs      = mail=user,userPassword=password
default_pass_scheme = CRYPT
user_attrs      = mail=user,homeDirectory=home,mailMessageStore=mail=maildir:/var/vmail/%$/Maildir/,mailQuota=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
alkiros wrote:

It means you have incorrect bind dn or password in Dovecot config file, /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf. Please check it first.

alkiros wrote:

Dear alkiros,

Please make sure both dn and password are correct. You can find the correct ones in file 'iRedMail.tips' which was generated during iRedMail installation, under the root directory of iRedMail. For example, /root/iRedMail-0.7.4/iRedMail.tips.

Good morning,

It is problem very there, I have already proved all this several times, but this still does not work. I do not know what is reason?
Thank you for preoccupying you of my case
Warmly
Al

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
alkiros wrote:

Dear alkiros,

Please make sure both dn and password are correct. You can find the correct ones in file 'iRedMail.tips' which was generated during iRedMail installation, under the root directory of iRedMail. For example, /root/iRedMail-0.7.4/iRedMail.tips.

Salut alkiros
Tu as posté tes configurations de Dovecot, mais sur la ligne "dn", on est d'accord que dans ton vrai fichier, qui est sur ton serveur, "example" et "com" est remplacé par le nom de ton domaine ?
Rien n'a foiré pendant l'installation d'iRedmail ? Pas de message d'erreur ?

Hello alkiros
You posted your Dovecot configurations, but at line "dn", in your server file, we're OK that "example" and "com" is remplaced by your real domain ?
Nothing gone wrong during installation ? No error message ?

Salut nicolasfo,

Non, pas de message d'erreur, tout semble s'être déroulé normalement, mais comme c'était en anglais, il y a peut-être qq.chose qui m'a échappé?
Mais qu'appele-tu vrai fichier, celui que j'ai posté n'est pas le bon?

nicolasfo wrote:

Salut alkiros
Tu as posté tes configurations de Dovecot, mais sur la ligne "dn", on est d'accord que dans ton vrai fichier, qui est sur ton serveur, "example" et "com" est remplacé par le nom de ton domaine ?
Rien n'a foiré pendant l'installation d'iRedmail ? Pas de message d'erreur ?

Hello alkiros
You posted your Dovecot configurations, but at line "dn", in your server file, we're OK that "example" and "com" is remplaced by your real domain ?
Nothing gone wrong during installation ? No error message ?

Hi nicolasfo,

Thanks very much for helping answer this question, i don't know French at all. smile