1

Topic: Spamassassin it seems not scan messages...

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version:
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Hi,

I'm wondering why all my mail messages are scanned by amavis but i see not X-Spam tag inside headers...
It's ok?
Just in case, how can I start spamassassin check?
There is a guide to configure it?

Thanks in advance

I have iredmail 0.7.4 and IredadminPro MySQL 1.3.0

2

Re: Spamassassin it seems not scan messages...

Do you have the email domain listed in Amavisd setting "@local_domains_maps"?
You can check spam scanning result in Amavisd log file, it's usually the same as Postfix log file.

3 (edited by posa68 2012-04-16 22:33:14)

Re: Spamassassin it seems not scan messages...

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you have the email domain listed in Amavisd setting "@local_domains_maps"?
You can check spam scanning result in Amavisd log file, it's usually the same as Postfix log file.

You mean in  /etc/amavisd.conf?

No, I have only this:

@local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain","mydomain.com"] );  # list of all local domains

I need to add a line per domain? like:

@local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain","mydomain1.com"] );
@local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain","mydomain2.com"] );
@local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain","mydomain3.com"] );
@local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain","mydomain4.com"] );

Or Just one line like:

@local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain", "mydomain1.com", "mydomain2.com", "mydomain3.com", "mydomain4.com"] );

... and so on?

4

Re: Spamassassin it seems not scan messages...

Nevermind, I've found by myself, it's the second one...

5 (edited by posa68 2012-04-17 05:14:54)

Re: Spamassassin it seems not scan messages...

I need to restart amavisd or spamassassin? Or both?
I try to restart postfix, policyd, amavis and still no spamassassin signature is append to headers...

--- NEWS ---

I try to reboot whole machine, but still I see no spam signature in header message...

6

Re: Spamassassin it seems not scan messages...

Try modify Amavisd setting "sa_tag_level_deflt" to -1000 in amavisd.conf, then restart Amavisd service and test again.

$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -1000;  # add spam info headers if at, or above that level

7

Re: Spamassassin it seems not scan messages...

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try modify Amavisd setting "sa_tag_level_deflt" to -1000 in amavisd.conf, then restart Amavisd service and test again.

$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -1000;  # add spam info headers if at, or above that level

Ok, Thanks for the hint, now seems to be OK! :

X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: 0.288
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=0.288 tagged_above=-1000 required=6.2
    tests=[AWL=0.188, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, RDNS_NONE=0.1] autolearn=no

8

Re: Spamassassin it seems not scan messages...

Setting sa_tag_level_deflt to a low integer is just for testing, please change it to the default one for production use unless you want to insert these mail headers for every email.

9

Re: Spamassassin it seems not scan messages...

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Setting sa_tag_level_deflt to a low integer is just for testing, please change it to the default one for production use unless you want to insert these mail headers for every email.

What level do you suggest? (I don't remember default one)

10

Re: Spamassassin it seems not scan messages...

Default setting is 2.0:

$sa_tag_level_deflt  = 2.0;  # add spam info headers if at, or above that level