Topic: login without domain name along with username in roundcubemail

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version:
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====
Centos 5.7, iRedmail-0.7.2 , iredmailProldap-1.6.3

Hi Zhang,

In roundcubemail how to login with only userid (Ex:user1) instead of user1@mydomain.com. As of now we are providing full mail address user1@mydomain.com to login. We have other virtual domains also in the server.

Kindly advice how this can be achieved.

Thanks,
Regards,
Mohan

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: login without domain name along with username in roundcubemail

In Roundcube, please check setting in roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php:

$rcmail_config['username_domain'] = '';

Hi Zhang,

In roundcubemail config/main.inc.php file

it is like $rcmail_config['username_domain'] = ''mydomain.com";

I can login with username alone of mydomain.com, but for other virtual domains I need to provide full maild with domain name to login. For virtual domains users also how this can be achieved.

Thanks,
Regards,
Mohan

As mentioned in main.inc.php, you can use PHP array for multiple IMAP servers/domains. For example:

$rcmail_config['username_domain'] = array (
    'mail.abc.com' => 'abc.com',
    'mail.xyz.com' => 'xyz.com');

Hi Zhang,

I have added my domains in roundcube main.inc.php file like you suggested, but after logging in roundcube and trying to send mail the "from address" field is displaying as "test1@127.0.0.1" and when sending mail it is getting bounce saying

roundcube: LDAP Error: Bind failed for dn=mail=test1@127.0                                                                             .0.1,ou=Users,domainName=127.0.0.1,o=domains,dc=safe1,dc=myhostname,dc=com                                                                             : Invalid credentials in /var/www/roundcubemail-0.5.3/program/include/rcube_ldap                                                                             .php on line 204 (POST /?_task=mail&_action=autocomplete?_task=&_action=)

Thanks,
regards,
Mohan

Seems i was wrong, sorry.
It's better to post this question in Roundcube mailing list. Searching its mailing list before posting is a good idea.