1

Topic: Groupings

I am quite confused on groupings and I hope somebody could help this noobs on ldap

1. How can I rename the group all .. ex.. all@example.com into community@example.com
2. I can see in phpldapadmin that some users are member of group all and others are not
   Is this the effect of me importing an ldif file to create users wherein their groups are already predefined/included
3. I can also see that their is an ou=groups but it only contain one group which is all am I suppose to see the groups
   that I assigned to each user in the ldif file?
4. Is there a way to change the groups of several users by batch?

I have to put this into production with 400 users so please help me....

2

Re: Groupings

now in phpldapadmin is very difficult to manager group or mail list.

so iredmail develop the iredadmin (for ldap) to manager the group

you can see the demo

http://demo.iredmail.org/

the Full-featured Edition have add the group manager.

3

Re: Groupings

afaquino wrote:

1. How can I rename the group all .. ex.. all@example.com into community@example.com

You can rename it with phpLDAPadmin, and then rename 'memberOfGroup=all@example.com' to 'community@' of all mail users.

afaquino wrote:

2. I can see in phpldapadmin that some users are member of group all and others are not
   Is this the effect of me importing an ldif file to create users wherein their groups are already predefined/included

Don't know what you did before.

afaquino wrote:

3. I can also see that their is an ou=groups but it only contain one group which is all am I suppose to see the groups
   that I assigned to each user in the ldif file?

Yes. All groups should be placed under ou=Groups.

afaquino wrote:

4. Is there a way to change the groups of several users by batch?

You can write a perl/shell/python script to do this, or search similar programs in Google Code: http://code.google.com/

PS: iRedAdmin Full-featured edition has mail list/group management implementation, you can try it with demo:
http://demo.iredmail.org/

4

Re: Groupings

afaquino wrote:

2. I can see in phpldapadmin that some users are member of group all and others are not
   Is this the effect of me importing an ldif file to create users wherein their groups are already predefined/included

Don't know what you did before.

I used the script create_mail_user_OpenLDAP.py, feed it with a csv file based on the format that was given in the scripte. The result is that for the users that I did not put in any group they were automatically grouped to all@example.com while those with groups are grouped... (for ex. its@example.com, finance@example.com, admin@example.com... etc...). I was hoping that these groups would be in ou=groups but they are not, is this normal. I guess I no more option but to edit individual accounts in phpldapadmin... OMG what a tedious way! Planning to get full version of iRedAdmin ... perhaps in the next budget cycle ... thanks anyway

5

Re: Groupings

I have a e_mail list to add to the group mail.pls help me to How can i add manager group or mail list in phpldapadmin .

Rgda,
jagath

6

Re: Groupings

http://www.iredmail.org/admin_demo.html#freetrial

try it,the simple way.

7

Re: Groupings

shake wrote:

http://www.iredmail.org/admin_demo.html#freetrial

try it,the simple way.

Thanks shake,

but, I am using iredmail 7  and iredadmin. Maillist feture did not add.what can i do .....

RGDS,
jagath

8

Re: Groupings

now you can try the iRedMail iRedAdmin pro demo, add the mail list.

https://demo.iredmail.org/saas/ldap/

read it careful.

9

Re: Groupings

shake wrote:

now you can try the iRedMail iRedAdmin pro demo, add the mail list.

https://demo.iredmail.org/saas/ldap/

read it careful.

I was tried.but it is not working in properly. do you have any way to add emaillist in phpldapadmin..

10

Re: Groupings

Are you stop the firewall or open 389 and 636 port ?

it would work.

11

Re: Groupings

jagath wrote:

I was tried.but it is not working in properly.

What do you mean it's not working properly?

do you have any way to add emaillist in phpldapadmin..

Search 'phpldapadmin' in wiki site will give you useful tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … &go=Go