1 (edited by andrewtblake 2012-03-07 06:31:53)

Topic: The requested URL /iredadmin was not found on this server.

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian lenny
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL): 0.7.4 with MySQL
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Hi I'm sorry, this must be a very simple problem, but I can't see what is wrong.

I have just finished the iRedMail installation, but when I go to https://[my_server_ip]/iredadmin, I get a 404 Error

The file /etc/apache2/default-ssl is present, and contains:

WSGIScriptAlias /iredadmin "/usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/iredadmin.py/"
Alias /iredadmin/static "/usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/static/"

The file iredadmin.conf is present in /etc/apache2/conf.d/

The path /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/ exists and contains everything it should contain, as far as I can see. Its permissions are world readable.

If I run "a2enmod wsgi" I get "Module wsgi already enabled"

I am stumped. Why won't it work?

Thanks for any help!

PS: Going to "https://[my_server_ip]/mail" DOES work, it brings up roundcube

Andrew Blake

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: The requested URL /iredadmin was not found on this server.

andrewtblake wrote:

Default should be /etc/apache2/sites-available/default-ssl. Is /etc/apache2/default-ssl a symbol link or just your typo error?

What's the error log in Apache when you accessing this URL?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
andrewtblake wrote:

Default should be /etc/apache2/sites-available/default-ssl. Is /etc/apache2/default-ssl a symbol link or just your typo error?

What's the error log in Apache when you accessing this URL?

Hi, thanks for your answer. Yes, that was a typing error.

default-ssl is indeed in sites-available, and linked to in sites-enabled.

I think I have put my finger on the problem -- the default-ssl installed by iRedMail caused conflicts with the original installation. For example, we already have phpmyadmin working on our system, but iRedMail installed another version into another location, and now phpmyadmin doesn't work.

Another conflict is with our https svn connection (called "devel") -- it also stopped working after the iRedMail install, and at has left me with the following situation:

Running

a2dissite devel
a2ensite default-ssl
/etc/init.d/apache2 reload

-- makes the iredadmin connection work

Whereas

a2ensite devel
a2dissite default-ssl

-- makes our svn connection work

I haven't figured out how to get them both to work together yet.

Also, I don't think I have dbmailadmin installed. Could that be right? I seem to need this in order to set up forwarding for addresses.

Thanks for your help.

andrewtblake wrote:

we already have phpmyadmin working on our system

Well, it's mentioned in iRedMail installation guide:

iRedMail is designed to deploy on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. Apache, MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc. Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations althought it will backup files before modifing, and it may be not working as expected.

andrewtblake wrote:

Running
a2dissite devel
a2ensite default-ssl

Looks like you found the root cause. You should check config file of site 'devel', then find out which settings cause the conflict.
If you're not sure, post it here so that others can help troubleshoot. (REPLACE sensitive info before posting)

I don't have any of the above issues with my setup.  I believe it is a URL case sensitivity issue. is it www.example.com/iRedAdmin?

------BEGIN ORIGINAL MESSAGE---------

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
andrewtblake wrote:

we already have phpmyadmin working on our system

Well, it's mentioned in iRedMail installation guide:

iRedMail is designed to deploy on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. Apache, MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc. Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations althought it will backup files before modifing, and it may be not working as expected.

andrewtblake wrote:

Running
a2dissite devel
a2ensite default-ssl

Looks like you found the root cause. You should check config file of site 'devel', then find out which settings cause the conflict.
If you're not sure, post it here so that others can help troubleshoot. (REPLACE sensitive info before posting)

gs9999 wrote:

I don't have any of the above issues with my setup.  I believe it is a URL case sensitivity issue. is it www.example.com/iRedAdmin?

Try: httpS://www.example.com/iredadmin/