Topic: Can't restore my backup all users accounts.

I need help here,

I backed up my email server to a FTP server, while restoring the user back to the server
var/vmail/vmail/domain-name/users... i notice after doing this. users where not able to login to there mails and if i use outlook to get the mails, the mails will not drop but it will by saying receiving 20 0f 2400 mails.

Need to sort this out thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can't restore my backup all users accounts.

- Please explain clearly with more details about how you backup and restore mail server.
- Any error log in Postfix/Dovecot log files?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- Please explain clearly with more details about how you backup and restore mail server.
- Any error log in Postfix/Dovecot log files?

Thanks for your reply ;

I Ftp all the emails,i.e moving all users individual email from the domain to another ftp virtual machine. /var/vmail/vmail1/domain-name/users
I restore the emails back from the ftp server just the way i ftp it to the server.

I notice that if i login to any of the account it will give me no message found in the email box. Also i can only see the inbox field i cant see the rest of the feilds; sent,draft,junk...

All i want to the is to open the emails and also see them in their various feilds.

Thanks.

Ola wrote:

I Ftp all the emails,i.e moving all users individual email from the domain to another ftp virtual machine. /var/vmail/vmail1/domain-name/users
I restore the emails back from the ftp server just the way i ftp it to the server.
I notice that if i login to any of the account it will give me no message found in the email box. Also i can only see the inbox field i cant see the rest of the feilds; sent,draft,junk...

All i want to the is to open the emails and also see them in their various feilds.

Not clear. sad
Do you mean you simply upload all mailboxes to your ftp server, then download and copy them as restore?
If so, you must set correct file owner and permission:

- File owner must be 'vmail:vmail'.
- File permission must be '0700'