Topic: Outlook 2007 Send Fail

- Default iredmail install CentOS box
- add test domain,user,alias via admin panel
- Config Outlook to send via iredmail
- Enable smtp auth in Outlook for Outgoing Server.
- Outlook error Task 'user@domain.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC64) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties.'
- End result  = sad admin.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Outlook 2007 Send Fail

travis@mylasso.com wrote:

reported error (0x800CCC64) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties.'

I'm afraid that there's something wrong with Outlook settings, not  SMTP server.
Could you please show us how you configured SMTP in Outlook? The more detail the better.

3 (edited by travis@mylasso.com 2012-01-18 03:31:43)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

reported error (0x800CCC64) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties.'

I'm afraid that there's something wrong with Outlook settings, not  SMTP server.
Could you please show us how you configured SMTP in Outlook? The more detail the better.

I have attached pics of Outlook settings, please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi travis,

Seems there was something wrong with out forum application, it cannot show attachment in the post. I fixed it moment ago, could you please re-upload the screenshot?

Sorry about this trouble.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi travis,

Seems there was something wrong with out forum application, it cannot show attachment in the post. I fixed it moment ago, could you please re-upload the screenshot?

Sorry about this trouble.

NP, I have attached the file again, lets see what happens this time.

Post's attachments

outlook_settings.gif 73.71 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Attachment is ok.
In 4th image, What's the drop-down list of "Use the following type of encrypted connection"? Did you try "STARTTLS" or "SSL"?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Attachment is ok.
In 4th image, What's the drop-down list of "Use the following type of encrypted connection"? Did you try "STARTTLS" or "SSL"?

Drop down list options are...
- None
- SSL
- TLS
- Auto

None returns "Task 'travis@testingpond.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC64) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties.'"

SSL returns "Task 'travis@testingpond.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC1A) : 'Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.'"

TLS returns "Task 'travis@testingpond.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC64) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties.'"

Auto returns "Task 'travis@testingpond.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC64) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties.'"

FYI - No firewalls between my Outlook and iRedMail Server. Output from iRedMail iptables -L is attached.

Further down the rabbit hole we go...

Ok, after messing around with all sorts of stuff this is what I have confirmed. The ISP that I use will block all traffic to SMTP servers that are not their own SMTP servers. So in order to get around this I suggest allowing SMTP traffic to flow over port 26 on iRedMail box. To do this I tried adding the following to /etc/postfix/master.cf...

26      inet  n     -     n     -     -     smtpd

After this is added, and a postfix reload, I loose the ability to talk to 110 and 143 remotely, I can talk to them locally no issue, and I can also talk to 26 remotely, so I can send, but not recieve, ha! arrrggg

Anyway, are there any other considerations I should be aware of if I want my iRedMail server to be able to use both port 25 and 26 for smtp??

As always thanks in advance.

I suggest allowing SMTP traffic to flow over port 26 on iRedMail box.

But you configured Outlook to use port 25, is it correct?
What's the result if you click "Test Account Settings" in first screenshot of your attched image?