Topic: working with partial domain

Hi.
I'm mounting a new email server under iRedAdmin-Pro.
I have some virtual domains and one domain shared with other email severs.
When i activate this shared domain, all the users (this shared domain and the others virtual domains) can`t send emails (It always answer to the users "user unknown" and the user exist in other email server)
If i deactivate this shared domain every works ok.

How can i activate this shared domain for a few users and keep working for the rest of the virtual domains?
It is configured with "/etc/postfix/main.cf ==> relay = my_central_email_server <=="
Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: working with partial domain

Sorry, what does your "shared domain" mean?

I guess what you need is setting separate relay setting for these few users.

Hi.

For me, "shared domain" means for a unique domain, more than on server working:
         - My domain: ceca.es
         - email server: mail.ceca.es (relay for every server)
         - Corporative mail: Lotus Notes (many servers into domain ceca.es)
         - iRedMail: Pop3 service for only a few users for ceca.es and some other domains with many users

What i have to configure for this pop3 users?. If i activate ceca.es in my iredmail-pro server then all domains and all users don't work anymore in this server. If i deactivate ceca.es in this server everything works ok.

I'd try with relay mail server for every domain, relay mail for all this server, and nothing works.

Thanks

A stupid question: Why not host all users of ceca.es on Lotus Notes (or iRedMail) to make it simple?

I didn't try solving similar issue before, but below is my personal opinion, not sure it will work as expected, please correct me if i'm wrong:

- on Lotus Notes: Relay mails for "few users of ceca.es" to iRedMail server.
- on iRedMail server: Accept mails for "few users of ceca.es", relay mails for other users of ceca.es to Lotus Notes.

Not sure how to achieve this on Lotus Notes, but on iRedMail, you should add addition lookup maps in Postfix setting transport_maps.

Hi.

The reason is "simple": Corporative mail: Lotus Notes and not in use POP3. POP3 is for some especial services and must run outside Lotus Notes.

How can I try transport_maps in postfix?

Thanks

I solved it  with canonical tables

Thanks

Would you mind sharing with us the detail?

I create a couple of canonical files: canonical.input and canonical.output:
     In the canonical.input db i change then recipient from original domain to new auxiliary domain:
         user@original.domain.org  user@auxiliary.domain.org

in the canonical.output db i change the sender domain (auxiliary) to the real domain (original)
         user@auxiliary.domain.org user@original.domain.org

Generate canonical db:  postmap  /etc/postfix/canonical.input
                                    postmap  /etc/postfix/canonical.output

And in /etc/postfix/main.cf include:
recipient_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical.input
sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical.output

and restart postfix service

It is working fine.

Cool, thanks for your sharing. smile