1 (edited by OviVan 2011-12-22 21:58:18)

Topic: [SOLVED] imap and smtp

Hello,

I am looking for EXACT steps that needs to be done/checked/verified so that users can connect to the iRedMail server via imap port 143.

I have a "default" installation of the iRedMail and the only thing I changed is:

#relayhost = [mailserver.isp.tld]
relayhost = mail.xxx.xxx
service postfix restart

and in the main.cf (postfix config) :

mynetworks = 10.41.22.0/24, 168.100.189.0/28, 127.0.0.0/8

that`s all...

So I will let all users use the imap and let them both send and receive the emails via mobile device...

Thank you
Best regards

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: [SOLVED] imap and smtp

Reference:

- Configure Thunderbird for iRedMail
  http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … r.iRedMail

There's nothing special, just tell your users SMTP and IMAP server address, and don't forget to use full email address as username.

Hi Zhang,

thank You for reply.
I found out that only thing the users have to do is to use the SMTP authentication and it`s working now from mobile devices...

to configure Windows or other based email clients is not a problem, but the mobile phones does not use the Thunderbird ...

May i know what mobile phones you or your clients need to configure?
I think you should tell your clients basic server info, such as SMTP server address, IMAP/POP3 server address, etc. It's almost the same as Thunderbird.

Screenshots of mail account configuration pages on mobile phone will help a lot to explain what your issue is.

check the attachment message extra search box in iredadmin pannel. so how to remove search extra box and this mark { search box } plz replay.
Thanks
manoj

Hi @manoj_25796,

Please create a new forum topic to ask a new question.

7 (edited by OviVan 2011-12-27 06:05:29)

Hi again Zhang,

we are talking about iPhone 4 for the most and some Android based mobile devices such as Samsung Galaxy 2 etc...
So I have now configured both mobile phone models and it`s working just fine.

The problem was that SMTPAUTH service was not started upon iRedMail server boot, so I have now
started the service and configured it to start upon CentOS boot and it`s working just fine..

So one little suggestion, can You configure the iRedMail installer to add following commands right after the
installation, I know that some of them already starts upon CentOS boot bot not all of them...

in my case CentOS runlevel is 3 so:
I know that this is not the same on the Centos and Ubuntu, but You could perhaps configure the
installer to determine which OS is used and than run the commands below, as these services is something we MUST
have up and running... (as far as I know)

chkconfig --level 345 iredapd on
chkconfig --level 345 httpd on
chkconfig --level 345 mysqld on
chkconfig --level 345 postfix on
chkconfig --level 345 dovecot on
chkconfig --level 345 amavisd on
chkconfig --level 345 iptables on
chkconfig --level 345 spamassassin on
chkconfig --level 345 policyd on
chkconfig --level 345 saslauthd on <-------- now users are able to send the emails...

Thank You for reply !

and SORRY for little delayed response, I had some problems with internet connection... but it`s ok now..

Best regards

OviVan wrote:

chkconfig --level 345 spam assassin on

This is not required on iRedMail server, because SpamAssassin will be invoked by Amavisd-new.

OviVan wrote:

chkconfig --level 345 saslauthd on <-------- now users are able to send the emails...

iRedMail doesn't use saslauthd at all. SMTP auth is bypassed to Dovecot.
I'm afraid that you changed some settings.

as far as I can remember I have not changed anything regarding SMTP auth except to start the saslauthd service...
So I can also stop the spamassassin service too ?

Will test the SMTP mail send without saslauthd and see what happens...

Thank You for reply !!

Everything is working just fine when I have stopped and disabled the saslauthd service...